The Indian medical devices market is largely dependent on imports from foreign countries. In such a sector, domestic manufacturers of x-ray equipments have managed to not only carve a space for themselves in the market, but also export their products to other countries and earn high revenues.
The market is currently dominated by analog models but is expected to shift towards digital models in coming years. The growing target base of consumers will boost sales and the market is expected to exhibit steady growth in future.
The report provides a snapshot of the x-ray equipment market. It begins with a section on the major macro economic indicators of India, highlighting the present economic scenario prevalent in the country. It is followed by the introduction section which briefly discusses the uses and functions of x-ray equipments.
It also includes a brief description of the various types of x-ray machines and provides a comparative analysis of the major diagnostic imaging modalities. This is followed by the market overview section which provides an insight into the market and highlights the market size and growth of x-ray equipments in the country, both for the overall market and for the individual segments.
Export and import figures for x-ray equipments, both in terms of volume and value have been provided in the next section. This section also includes the regional break-up of the imports and exports.
An analysis of the drivers explains the factors leading to the growth of the market. This includes increasing number of hospitals and diagnostic centers, rising incidence of injuries, increasing number of osteoporosis patients, advancements in technology and innovation, and convenient and time saving features.
The main challenges to the market are the hazardous radiation effects and poor after sales service. The government regulations section describes some of the regulatory steps taken by the government which include the installation procedure, personnel requirements and duties, and safety measures.
The competitive landscape section provides an overview of the competitive scenario in the industry and includes detailed profiles of the major players in the market. It begins with the Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, which illustrates the competitive rivalry, bargaining power of suppliers and buyers and threat of new entrants and substitutes.
It also includes competitive benchmarking of the top players operating in the Indian x-ray equipment market. The report provides profiles of the major domestic and foreign players in the market and a snapshot of their financial performance along with the key financial ratios, business highlights, their product portfolio and SWOT analysis, thus providing an insight into the existing competitive scenario.
A section providing strategic recommendations has been added at the end of the report which gives effective solutions to existing and potential players for improving their market share and increasing their profitability.
Table of Content
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Dec 2012)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Sep 2012 - Feb 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Aug 2012- Jan 2013)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13), FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
Slide 5: Uses and Functions of X-Rays; Comparative Analysis of Major Diagnostic Imaging Equipments
Slide 6: Types of X-ray Machines
Slide 7: Indian Market for X-Ray Equipment – Overview, Market Size and Growth (Value-Wise: 2011 – 2016e), Market Segmentation (Value-Wise: 2011, 2016e)
Slide 8: Market Segmentation – Based on products; Analog Models – Market size & Growth (Value-Wise: 2011 – 2016e); Digital Models – Market size & Growth (Value-Wise: 2011 – 2016e)
Slide 9: Export of X-Ray Equipments – Overview, Size (Value & Volume: 2009 – 2012), Region Wise (2011 and 2012)
Slide 10: Import of Endoscopes – Overview, Size (Value & Volume: 2009 – 2012), Region Wise (2011 and 2012)
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 11: Drivers & Challenges – Summary
Slide 12-16: Drivers
Slide 17-18: Challenges
Slide 19: Government Regulations – Summary
Slide 20-22: Major Government Regulations
Slide 23: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Slide 24-27: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 28-84: Major Players
Slide 85-86: Key Recommendations
Slide 87: Appendix
Slide 88: Sources of Information
List of Table
1. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Only Private Companies except Mindray Medical India Pvt. Ltd. and Philips Electronics India Ltd.)
e. Key Ratios (All Companies)
f. Business Highlights (All Companies)
2. Sources of Information
List of Chart
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12,2012-13)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul-Aug 2012, Aug-Sep 2012, Sep-Oct 2012, Oct-Nov 2012, Nov-Dec 2012)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Sep 2012, Oct 2012, Nov 2012, Dec 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Aug 2012, Sep 2012, Oct 2012, Nov 2012, Dec 2012, Jan 2013)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
7. FDI: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. X-Ray Equipment – Indian Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise: 2011 – 2016e)
2. X-Ray Equipment – Indian Market Segmentation (Value-Wise: 2011)
3. Analog X-Ray Equipment – Indian Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise: 2011 – 2016e)
4. Digital X-Ray Equipment – Indian Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise: 2011 – 2016e)
1. Export of Endoscopes (Value & Volume: 2009 – 2012)
2. Export (Region Wise: 2011)
3. Export (Region Wise: 2012)
4. Import of Endoscopes (Value & Volume: 2009 – 2012)
5. Import (Region Wise: 2011)
6. Import (Region Wise: 2012)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Private Hospitals Market in India (2010 – 2016e)
2. Market for Diagnostic Centers (2010 – 2016e)
3. Deaths Due to Injuries (2005, 2010, 2015e)
4. Number of Osteoporosis Patients (2003, 2010, 2013e)
5. Man-made Radiation
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of Top 3 Companies – Operational Basis (FY 2012)
2. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of Top 3 Companies – Financial Basis (FY 2012)
3. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Financial Snapshot