"World Cigarettes Tanzania” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Tanzania Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Forecasts suggest further growth, with overall consumption rising to around 8.38 billion pieces by 2022, which is a rise of 44.4% on 2012
- Excise duty increases, the most notable being a 10% rise in excise duty in 2011, led todeclining volumes, with consumption down to 5.2 billion pieces in 2011. Despite a rise I excise duty of around 20% in July 2012, overall sales were up by 11.2% for the year at 5.8 billion pieces because of pre-tax purchases.
- Contraband is a growing feature of the Tanzanian market, as in other countries in Eastern Africa. Estimates in 2013 gave it 3-4% of overall sales
- "World Cigarettes Tanzania” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Tanzania.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Tanzania.The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industryin Tanzania.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Tanzania along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Tanzania, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Content
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2013
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2013
Domestic v Imported Cigarettes, 2000-2012
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2013
Taxation and Retail Prices
Taxation Structure, 2004-2014
Annual Average Inflation (Alcohol and Tobacco), 2010-2013
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2012
Smoking Prevalence by Gender, Age, Region, Education and Income, 2010
Men: Average Daily Cigarette Smoking by Age, Region, Education and Income, 2010
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2012
Cigarette Imports, 1995-2012
Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2008-2012
Cigarette Exports, 1990-2012
Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2008-2012
Tanzania Cigarette Company Ltd
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2022
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.