"World Cigarettes Switzerland” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Switzerland Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Sales recovered by 1.8% in 1998, largely because of the effects of hoarding prior to an anticipated tax increase in January 1999, but volumes went into decline once more in 1999, and, by 2001, volumes were 11.3% below 1990 levels.
- 2004 saw consumption fall by 2.3%, and a more dramatic fall of 10.2% followed in 2005 reflecting tax hikes, greater health awareness an increased cross border trade mainly in anticipation of a further price rise in 2013, resulting in the market contracting to just 10.8 billion pieces in 2013.
- A gradual steady downward trend in per capita consumption levels has characterised the review period, with per capita consumption dropping from 2,373 pieces in 1990 to 1,442 pieces in 2012 and 1,351 pieces in 2013.
- "World Cigarettes Switzerland” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Switzerland.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Switzerland.The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Switzerland.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Switzerland along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Switzerland, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Content
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2013
Swiss Customs and Excise Clearances, 1990-2013
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2013
Retail Sales, Cigarettes, 1995-2012
Market Breakdown by Blend, 1999-2010
Market Breakdown by Pack Type, Hard Packs v Soft Packs, 2001-2007
Cigarette Sales by Outlet, 2008
Manufacturers and Brands
Sales and Market Shares of Leading Manufacturers, 2000-2013
Brand Family Shares, 2000-2011
Taxation and Retail Prices
Development of Cigarette Tax, 1990-2013
Tax Breakdown by Packet of Cigarette, 2009 and 2012
Tax Burden on Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Revenue from Tobacco Taxation, 1990-2012
Cigarette Retail Price Trends, 1990-2013
Regional Price Comparison, 2011
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Smoking by Age and Gender, 2001-2012
Smoking by Region and Gender, 2001-2012
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2012
Cigarette Output by Tobacco Type, 2009-2011
Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2012
Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2012
Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2012
Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2012
Philip Morris SA
British American Tobacco Switzerland SA
JT International AG
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2022
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.