"World Cigarettes Sweden” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Sweden Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- The market is led by JTI Sweden which acquired Gallaher Sweden in 2007. JTI held 38.1% of sales in 2012, leading from PMI with 32% and BAT with 27.9%.
- Demand picked up again in 2009, with volume for the year increasing by 4% but in 2010 consumption fell back by 1.1% to 6,240 million pieces. Volumes rose by 11.5% in 2011 in large part because of an impending tax change that year.
- Volumes fell by 11.5% to 6,155 million pieces. Forecasts for 2013 are for a further fall, albeit inly 0.7%, to 6,112 million pieces with further pre-tax purchasing ahead of another excise tax hike further assisting the market
- "World Cigarettes Sweden” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Sweden.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Sweden. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Sweden.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Sweden along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Sweden, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Content
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2013
Consumption, Including Unregistered Consumption, 2003-2012
Duty-Free and Non-Duty Paid Volumes, 2006-2012
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2013
Retail Sales Value, 1990-2013
Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 2001-2012
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2013
Taxation and Retail Prices
Prevailing Tax Rates on Cigarettes, 1995-2013
EU Countries, Retail Price and Tax Incidence Comparison, 2013
Tax Breakdown, Cigarettes 2011
Cigarettes: Retail Prices, 1990-2013
Retail Prices of Leading Brand Families, 2006-2008, 2010 and 2013-2014
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2012
Prevalence of Daily Smoking Among Adults by Gender and Age Group, 2004-2012
Prevalence of Occasional Smoking Amongst Adults by Gender and Age Group, 2004-2012
Prevalence of Daily Smoking Adults by Region, 2012
Daily Use of Snus, 2004-2012
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2002
Cigarette Imports, 1990-2012
Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2012
Cigarette Exports/Re-Exports, 1990-2012
Exports/Re-Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2012
Japan Tobacco International/JTI Sweden
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2022
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.