“Cigarettes in Sweden” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Sweden Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Volumes fell by 9.1% with a further fall of 8.2% in 2013 as the full impact of the hike in excise duty continued to be felt. Sales were nearly half of their 1990 levels by the end of 2013. Forecasts for 2014 suggest that, with a stable tax regime, there will be a projected fall of only 1% in sales.
- Latest data for 2014 places male occasional smokers at 12% and females at 10%. This compares with 12% and 9% in 2004. Smoking incidence (daily and occasional) stood at 20.5% in 2014, representing a decline of 30% on 1990.
- Market volume is forecast to fall by 7.9%. Per capita consumption rates are already relatively low and are expected to fall further 14.8% below 2013 levels.
“Cigarettes in Sweden” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Sweden.
- This report is the result of ERC’s extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Sweden. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Sweden.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Sweden along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production & trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Sweden, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Consumption, Including Unregistered Consumption, 2003-2012
Duty-Free & Non-Duty Paid Volumes, 2006-2013
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Retail Sales Value, 1990-2014
Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 2001-2013
Manufacturers & Brands
Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2014
Taxation & Retail Prices
Prevailing Tax Rates on Cigarettes, 1995-2014
EU Countries, Retail Price & Tax Incidence Comparison, 2014
Tax Breakdown, Cigarettes 2014
Cigarettes: Retail Prices, 1990-2014
Retail Prices of Leading Brand Families, 2007-2008, 2010 & 2013-2015
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2014
Prevalence of Daily Smoking Among Adults by Gender & Age Group, 2004-2014
Prevalence of Occasional Smoking Amongst Adults by Gender & Age Group, 2004-2014
Prevalence of Daily Smoking Adults by Region, 2012
Daily Use of Snus, 2004-2014
Production & Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2002
Cigarette Imports, 1990-2013
Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2013
Cigarette Exports/Re-Exports, 1990-2013
Exports/Re-Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2013
Japan Tobacco International/JTI Sweden
Prospects & Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.