"World Cigarettes Spain” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Spain Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- The latest surveys (2012) indicate that 27.9% of Spanish men and 20.2% of Spanish women are regular smokers and the smoking population has also been affected by the increase in the legal age to purchase cigarettes to 18 years in January 2006, as well as by rising taxes and prices, and the public smoking ban.
- In 2010, the market continued to suffer from the economic recession, high unemployment and reduced tourism with an even stronger 11% drop in duty paid volumes, to 72.43 billion pieces reported for the year.
- Since then the market has suffered a steep downturn, dropping by 9.9% in 2009 to 81.36 billion pieces, by 11% in 2010,and by an accelerated rate of 16.7% in 2011 to 60.31 billion pieces, some 26.4% below 1990 levels. The marked downward trend is forecast to have continued in 2012, volumes down more than 11% on the previous year.
- "World Cigarettes Spain” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Spain.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Spain.The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Spain.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Spain along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Spain, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Content
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2013
Total Duty Paid and Illegal Consumption, 2006-2012
Consumption, Including Contraband Supplies, 1991-2013
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2013
Retail Sales Value, 1990-2013
Market Breakdown, Dark vs Blond Cigarettes, 2000-2012
Market Breakdown: Plain vs Filter Cigarettes, 2000-2012
Market Breakdown by Price Segments, 2004-2011
Market Breakdown by Price Band, 2010
Market Breakdown by Pack Size, 1998-2008
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Shares, 2000-2013
Market Shares of Leading Brand Families, 2000-2013
Taxation and Retail Prices
Structure of Taxation on Cigarettes, 1990-2013
EU Countries, Retail Price and Tax Incidence Comparison, 2013
Retail Prices Trends: Leading Brand Families, 2009-2014
Retail Prices, Cigarettes, 2006-2014
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2012
Smokers by Age and Gender, 2006 and 2012
Smoking Prevalence (OED Data), 1997-2007
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2012
Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2012
Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2012
Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2012
Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2012
Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
Altadis SA (Imperial Tobacco Altadis)
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2022
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.