"World Cigarettes South Africa” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which South Africa market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Volumes had reached 6.5 billion pieces in 2010 to account for 23.6% of sales with non-duty paid volumes of 7.5 billion pieces in 2011 and 8.5 billion pieces in 2012 or 27.5% of total sales.
- Latest estimates for 2012 put overall incidence at 21.2% with the incidence of smoking amongst males at 35.1% while amongst females it was 7.6%.
- Data for the same year from TISA put non-duty paid volumes at 8.5 billion pieces which is equivalent to 27.5% of total sales, while data from BAT for 2013 gave the sector almost 30% of total volumes or 7.7 billion pieces.
- "World Cigarettes South Africa” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in South Africa.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes cross South Africa. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in South Africa.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in South Africa along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across South Africa, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Content
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2013
Duty Paid v Non-Duty Paid Sales, 2006-2013
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2013
Cigarette Sales by Price Band, 2004-2009
Market Breakdown by Pack Type: Hard v Soft Pack, 1998-2003
Regular v Light Cigarettes, 2004-2007
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2013
Leading Cigarette Brands, 2005-2007
Peter Stuyvesant Market Share, 2000-2008
Taxation and Retail Prices
Taxation on Cigarettes, 1992-2014
Tax Incidence, 1994-2012
Retail Price Breakdown by Category, 2009
BATSA: Retail Prices, 2008-2012
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2012
Number of Smokers by Consumption Pattern and Race, 1999
Smoking Incidence by Race (Students), 2006
Incidence of Cigarette Smoking by Province, 2003
Incidence of Smoking Amongst Youths by Province, 2002
Smoking Prevalence by Race, 2009
Incidence of Smoking by Income, 1999
Incidence of Smoking by Gender, 1999
Incidence of Smoking by Age, 1999
Incidence of Smoking by Level of Education, 1999
Incidence of Smoking by Size of Community, 1999
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2012
Cigarette Factories, 2009
Cigarette Imports, 1990-2012
Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2012
Cigarette Exports, 1990-2012
Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2012
British American Tobacco (South Africa) Ltd
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2022
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.