"World Cigarettes Portugal” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Portugal Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Further pressure on the cigarette sector depressed volumes in 2012. An 8.2% fall reduced sales to 10.98 billion pieces, some 30% below 1990 levels. Roll-your-own cigarette usage is increasing with estimated growth of 9% in 2012.
- Although there was an increase in 2010 to 1,323 pieces, this was short term, with demand falling by 16.1% to 1,111 pieces in 2011 and by 8.4% in 2012 to 1,018 pieces. A further fall to 917 pieces is forecast in 2013 with a further albeit not as drastic a decline forecast for 2012.
- The following years 2007 and 2008 saw a slight rise in share, up to 82.1% in 2008, but market share has fallen back markedly since then to 77.6% in 2012.
- "World Cigarettes Portugal” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Portugal.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Portugal. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Portugal.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Portugal along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Portugal, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Content
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2013
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2013
Cigarette Consumption by Type, Filter v Plain, 2000-2012
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2013
Brand Family Shares, 2000-2006
Taxation and Retail Prices
Tax Rates on Cigarettes, 1990-2013
EU Countries, Retail Price and Tax Incidence Comparison, 2013
Retail Price Trends, 1990-2013
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2012
Smoking Prevalence by Age and Gender, 1999 and 2006
Daily Smoking Rates by Age and Gender, 1999 and 2006
Smoking Rates by Gender and Scholastic Achievement, 1999 and 2006
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2012
Cigarette Imports, 1990-2012
Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, 2000-2012
Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2012
Exports of Cigarettes by Country of Destination, 2000-2012
Tabaqueira Empresa Industrial de Tabacos SA
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2022
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.