"Summary“Cigarettes in Portugal” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Portugal Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Output levels declined in 2011 by an estimated 0.4%, with a 3.1% fall following in 2012. A 7.6% rise in output estimated for 2013 increased volumes, 62.1% up on 1990 levels.
- An analysis of smoking prevalence by age reveals that amongst men the 25-44 age group is the heaviest smokers and particularly the 35-44 age groups. This age group also has the heaviest smokers among women, although prevalence is much lower amongst the age groups either younger or older than this group as compared to men.
- Volumes are forecast to continue to contract through to 2023 ending the forecast period 23.1% down on 2013.The fall in per capita consumption will be marginally greater, at 23.3%, for 2023.
“Cigarettes in Portugal” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Portugal.
- This report is the result of ERC’s extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Portugal. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Portugal.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Portugal along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production & trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Portugal, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Cigarette Consumption by Type, Filter v Plain, 2000-2013
Manufacturers & Brands
Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2014
Brand Family Shares, 2000-2014
Taxation & Retail Prices
Tax Rates on Cigarettes, 1990-2014
EU Countries, Retail Price & Tax Incidence Comparison, 2014
Retail Price Trends, 1990-2014
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Smoking Prevalence by Age & Gender, 1999 & 2006
Daily Smoking Rates by Age & Gender, 1999 & 2006
Smoking Rates by Gender & Scholastic Achievement, 1999 & 2006
Production & Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
Cigarette Imports, 1990-2013
Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, 2000-2013
Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Exports of Cigarettes by Country of Destination, 2000-2013
Tabaqueira Empresa Industrial de Tabacos SA
Prospects & Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.