“Cigarettes in New Zealand” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which New Zealand Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Consumption of manufactured cigarettes has declined significantly since 1990, with levels currently more than half the volumes prevalent then to stand at 2,117 million pieces in 2012.
- Forecasts for 2013 predict a further decline in sales as another 10% rise in excise tax raised prices. Volumes are set to drop by 3.2% by the year end to take the market to 2,050 million pieces.
- In what is an increasingly tight regulatory environment, cigarette sales are forecast to continue to decline steadily to 1,554 million pieces by 2022.
- “Cigarettes in New Zealand” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in New Zealand.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across New Zealand.The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry intoCigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed dataof the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in New Zealand.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in New Zealand along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across New Zealand, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Content
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2012
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2012
Retail Cigarette Sales, 1990-2007 and 2010-2011
Cigarette Consumption by Pack Size, 2005 and 2006
Cigarette Purchasing by Outlet and Gender, 2008
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Shares, 2000-2012
Market Shares, Leading Brand Families, 2002-2011
Menthol Cigarettes: Leading Brand Families, 2005, 2008 and 2011
Taxation and Retail Prices
Development of Cigarette Taxes, 1990-2013
Retail Prices: Leading Brands, 2011 and 2012
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2011
Smoking Prevalence by Age, Gender and Ethnicity, 2009
Prevalence of Cigarette Smoking by Household Income and Gender, 2004
Prevalence of Cigarette Smoking by Age, Gender and Ethnicity, 1990-2007
Youth Smoking (15-19 Years), 2006-2009
Cigarette Smoking Prevalence by DHB Region and Gender, 2004 and 2006
Cigarettes Smoked by Gender Per Day, 2004
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2012
Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2012
Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2012
Cigarette Exports, 1990-2012
Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2012
British American Tobacco (Australasia) Ltd
Imperial Tobacco New Zealand Ltd
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2021
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.