“Cigarettes in Netherlands” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Netherlands Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Exports are a major feature of the Dutch cigarette market and vital to the local industry. In 2011 exports were up by 15.7% their highest level since 2002. However, volumes fell by 19.4% in 2012, although were up 0.3% in 2013. This is equivalent to 129.8% of output.
- In most age groups more Dutch males than females smoke, but among 15-24 year olds the reverse is the case with 32.8% of females and only 27.9% of males in this age group smoking in 2007.
- Smoking prevalence is declining and smoking restrictions tightening. Duty paid market volume is forecast to decline by 17.5% by 2023, with per capita consumption rates dropping by 20.6% (excluding RYO cigarettes).
“Cigarettes in Netherlands” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Netherlands.
- This report is the result of ERC’s extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Netherlands. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Netherlands.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Netherlands along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production & trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Netherlands, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
Total Cigarette Consumption, Including Border Sales, 1990-2014
Duty Paid & Non Duty Paid Sales, 2006-2013
Cigarette Consumption: Manufactured vs RYO, 1990 & 2000-2014
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Retail Sales Value Including Border Sales, 1990-2014
Cigarette Sales by Type, Filter vs Plain, 2000-2013
Cigarette Sales by Price Segment, 2008-2014
Cigarette Sales by Type of Outlet, 2000-2012
Manufacturers & Brands
Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2014
Leading Brand Families, 2003-2014
Taxation & Retail Prices
Prevailing Tax Rates on Cigarettes, 1990-2014
EU Countries, Retail Price & Tax Incidence Comparison, 2014
Taxation Breakdown, 2004-2011
Retail Prices, Tax Incidence & Trade Margins, 1990-2014
Retail Prices, 2015
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Smoking Prevalence by Age & Gender, 2001-2009
Smoking by those Aged 10-19, 2000-2012
Netherlands, Smokers by Age 2013
Prevalence of Smoking by Type of Product, 2007 & 2008
Smoking Prevalence by Socio-Economic Background, 2001-2009
Production & Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2013
Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2013
Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
Philip Morris Holland BV
British American Tobacco The Netherlands BV
JT International Company Netherlands BV
Imperial Tobacco Nederland BV
Prospects & Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.