"World Cigarettes Mozambique” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Mozambique Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- To date, only one company is understood to have benefited from significant investment, namely Sonil (Sociedade do Niassa) which is a joint venture with a Chinese company. Through such moves, cigarette production stood at an estimated 2,250 million pieces in 2012, 252% above 1990 levels.
- By 2012 consumption was up to 5.1 billion pieces, 311.7% above 1990 levels although 2013 estimates suggest sales will fall 4% because of recent excise tax rises to end 2013 at 4.9 billion pieces.
- Long-term prospects remain relatively positive, not least due to strong population expansion and further buoyant GDP growth. Volumes are forecast to rise to 6,725 million pieces by 2022.
- "World Cigarettes Mozambique” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Mozambique.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Mozambique. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Mozambique.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Mozambique along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Mozambique, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Content
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2013
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2013
Market Segmentation: Domestic v Imported Cigarettes, 2000-2012
Manufacturers and Brands
Taxation and Retail Prices
Specific Consumption Tax, 2013 and 2014
Cigarette Prices, 2008 and 2010
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2012
Smoking Prevalence (15+), 2010
Daily Cigarette and RYO Use by Gender, 2012
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2012
Cigarette Imports, 1994-2012
Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2005-2012
Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2007-2011
British American Tobacco Mozambique
Sonil Group Lda
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2022
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.