"World Cigarettes Mauritius” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Mauritius Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Market volumes are forecast at around 950 million pieces by 2022 representing an 18% decline from 2012 levels, while the annual per capita consumption rate is forecast to end 2022 at 683 pieces which is down by 22.7% on reported levels in 2012.
- Further excise tax rises in 2012 were offset by tighter controls on illegal trade again, lifting consumption by 5.8% to 1,158 million pieces. A further 3.6% increase is projected for 2013 putting market volume at around 1,200 million pieces.
- Volumes were well ahead of consumption at 2.77 billion pieces in 2010, but have since dropped, shrinking to 1.19 billion pieces in 2012, with three-quarters of this coming from Kenya. Re-exports have fallen to just 35 million pieces in 2012.
- "World Cigarettes Mauritius” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Mauritius.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Mauritius.The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industryin Mauritius.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Mauritius along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Mauritius, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Content
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2013
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2013
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2013
Cigarette Brands by Manufacturer
Taxation and Retail Prices
Tobacco (Excise Duty Revenue), 2007-2011
Cigarette Price Development, 2008-2012
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2012
Adult Prevalence of Smoking (15+), 2010
Smoking Prevalence by Sex and Age, 1987, 1992 and 1998
Smoking Prevalence by Ethnic Group, 1987, 1992 and 1998
Smoking Prevalence by Income Group, 1987, 1992 and 1998
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
Cigarette Imports, 1990-2012
Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin (UN Trade Statistics), 2000-2009
Cigarette Imports: Volume (National Data), 2010-2012
Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination (UN Trade Data), 2005-2009
Cigarette Exports: Volume (National Data), 2010-2012
Health Warnings/Packaging Restrictions
British American Tobacco (Mauritius) Plc
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2022
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.