“Cigarettes in Malta” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Malta Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Sales for 2013 fell by 6% with a combination of rising prices and shortages to blame. The former are likely to be driven by changes to the system of taxing cigarettes in April 2013 with the latter from restrictions imposed on retailers in purchasing cigarettes in January and April to avoid profiteering following the two tax hikes of 2013.
- Domestic sales are forecast to decline year-on-year by 2023, which is 12.3% down on 2013 levels. Per capita consumption rates are set to fall by 14.4% by 2023, remaining moderately high although, as with total volumes, the impact of tourist sales artificially inflates per capita consumption data.
- From January 1st 2011 there is a total ban on advertising for cigarettes and other tobacco products, even a point-of-sale and on vending machines according to Legal Notice 344 (2010).
“Cigarettes in Malta” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Malta.
- This report is the result of ERC’s extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Malta. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Malta.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Malta along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production & trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Malta, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Manufacturers & Brands
Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2014
Taxation & Retail Prices
EU Countries, Retail Price & Tax Incidence Comparison, 2014
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Distribution of Persons by Sex & Age Group, 2007
Production & Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2007
Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2013
Cigarette Exports, 1990-2013
Exports by Country of Destination, 2004-2013
Packaging Restrictions/Health Warnings
British American Tobacco Malta
Prospects & Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.