“Cigarettes in Japan” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Japan Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- In the early 1990s overall consumption followed a broadly upward path to reach a peak of 348.3 billion pieces in 1996, boosted by stockpiling ahead of a known price rise in 1997, which caused a 5.8% decline in that year.
- The market appears to be settling down once more, with fiscal 2013 consumption just 1.2% lower than a year earlier at 195.1 billion pieces.
- Consumption rallied in fiscal 2014 to 196.9 billion pieces, due to the Japanese government's announcement that consumption tax (VAT) would increase from 5% to 8% from April 2014.
- “Cigarettes in Japan” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Japan.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Japan.The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry intoCigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed dataof the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Japan.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Japan along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Japan, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Content
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2012
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2012
Retail Sales of Cigarettes, 1990-2012
Market Breakdown, National v International Brands, 2000-2012
Segmentation by Marketed Strength, 2002-2012
Marketed Strength Trends, 1990 and 2001-2011
Menthol Share, 2000-2012
D-Spec Products, Market Share Development, 2003-2012
Premium Share, 2001-2009
Number of Cigarette Retailers and Vending Machines, 1997-2011
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Shares, 2002-2012
Japan Tobacco: Shares by Marketed Strength, 2000-2011
Manufacturer Positioning by Sector, 2000-2009
Market Shares, Leading Brand Families, 2000-2012
Market Shares, Leading Brand Variants, 2000-2011
Japan Tobacco: New Product Launches by Category, 2004-2012
Japan Tobacco: New Product Launches, 2004-2012
Taxation and Retail Prices
Cigarette Tax Rates: 1985-2013
Impact on Monthly Cigarette Sales of October 2010 Tax Increase, 2010-2012
Tax Incidence and Margin Development per Pack, 2005-2010
Cigarette Tax Collection, 2003-2010
Breakdown of JT Brands by Price, 2000-2012
Average Retail Prices, 2000-2009
JT Approved Cigarette Price Increases, 2010
JT: Cigarette Brand Pricing, 2007-2012
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2012
Smoking Prevalence by Gender and Age Group, 1999-2012
Smoking Prevalence by Gender and Region, 2011
Average Number of Cigarettes Smoked by Gender and Age, 2011 and 2012
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2012
Cigarette Imports, 1990-2012
Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2012
Cigarette Exports, 1990-2012
Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2012
Japan Tobacco Inc
Philip Morris KK
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2021
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.