“Cigarettes in Ireland” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Ireland Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Up until 2000, the VAT rate had remained unchanged since the beginning of 1992, but was reduced to 20% from 21% in 2001, down from 25% in 1990. However, in March 2002 this reduction was reversed with the standard rate of VAT rising to 17.36% of the retail price or from 20% to 21%, until December 2008 when it was increased to 21.5%. However, from January 2010 the rate was once again reduced to 21%. In January 2012 the rate increased to 23%.
- In 2013 the reported smoking rate stood at 21.5% - similar to 2012 - but down from 23.1% in 2010. 22.9% of men and 20.2% of women were smokers.
- Imports declined somewhat in 2008, before recovering sharply in 2009. In line with the 2010 fall in demand, imports also fell back by 12.1%. Further declines were reported in 2011, 2012, and 2013, by the end of the period.
“Cigarettes in Ireland” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Ireland.
- This report is the result of ERC’s extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Ireland. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Ireland.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Ireland along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production & trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Ireland, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Retail Sales of Cigarettes (Value), 1990-2013
Fine Cut Tobacco Sales, 2001-1013
Licit & Illicit Consumption Estimates, 2005-2013
Customs & Excise Cigarette Seizures, 1997-2013
Manufacturers & Brands
Sales & Market Shares of Leading Manufacturers, 2000-2014
Brand Family Ranking, 2008-2013
Market Shares of Leading Brands, 2000-2012
Cigarette Brand Preference, 2010
Cigarette Brand Preference by Gender, 2010 & 2012
Cigarette Brand Preference by Age Group, 2010
Taxation & Retail Prices
The Structure of Taxation on Cigarettes, 1990-2014
Average Incidence of Duty & VAT Per Packet of 20 Cigarettes, 1998-2013
EU Countries, Retail Price & Tax Incidence Comparison, 2014
Retail Price Trends, 1990-2014
Weighted Average Prices, 2007
Selected Retail Prices, 2011-2015
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Smoking Prevalence by Age, Gender & Social Class, 2007
Smoking Prevalence by Gender, Age & Social Class, 1998-2007
Cigarette Smoking by Region, 2010
Production & Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2006
Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, 2000-2013
Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Exports of Cigarettes by Country of Destination, 2000-2013
JTI Ireland Limited (previously Gallaher (Dublin) Ltd)
John Player & Sons Ltd
PJ Carroll & Company Ltd
Prospects & Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.