“Cigarettes in Hong Kong” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Hong Kong Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Sales in 2010 were, however, up at 3.50 billion pieces although they had fallen by 26.6% in 2009 and contracted substantially again in 2011 to 2.47 billion pieces before expanding again to 3.11 billion pieces in 2012.
- On current trends, duty paid cigarette consumption is forecast to drop by nearly 20% between 2012 and 2022 to around 2.50 billion pieces as a result of further tax hikes and restrictions on smoking.
- Duty paid sales were up to 3.5 billion pieces in 2010, but were down to 2.47 billion pieces in 2011 following an excise tax hike before recovering to 3.11 billion pieces in 2012 after excise taxes were frozen.
- “Cigarettes in Hong Kong” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Hong Kong.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Hong Kong.The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry intoCigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed dataof the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Hong Kong.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Hong Kong along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Hong Kong, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Content
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2012
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2012
Tar and Nicotine Yields by Brand, 2011
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Shares, 2000-2012
Taxation and Retail Prices
Rates of Duty on Manufactured Cigarettes, 1987-2013
Typical Price of Packet of 20 Cigarettes, 1990-2011
Retail Prices, March 2009
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2011
Smoking Prevalence Among Adults (15 Years and Over), 1982-2010
The Incidence of Smoking by Age (Adults), 1990-2010
The Incidence of Smoking Among Adult Males by Age, 1990-2010
The Incidence of Smoking Among Adult Females by Age, 1990-2010
Daily Consumption Levels by Regular Smokers, 1990-2010
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2012
Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2012
Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, 2000-2012
Net Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2012
Cigarette Exports (Including Re-Exports), 1990-2012
Domestic Cigarette Exports (Excluding Re-Exports), 1990-2012
Domestic Exports of Cigarettes by Country of Destination, 2000-2012
Cigarette Re-Exports, 1990-2012
Cigarette Re-Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2012
Philip Morris Asia Ltd (Hong Kong Branch)
British American Tobacco Company (Hong Kong) Ltd
JT International (HK) Ltd
Nanyang Brothers Tobacco Company Ltd
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2021
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.