“Cigarettes in Germany” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Germany Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Industry data for 2011 indicated a small 0.9% increase in per capita consumption levels but there was another reversal in 2012, with final results indicating a 1.1% decline in per capita rates. Reported industry volume for 2013 indicates a further 4.4% fall in legitimate duty paid per capita consumption rates, with industry data for 2014 suggesting a moderate 1.2% recovery, placing per capita consumption rates 46.5% below 1990 levels.
- In 2009, production fell by 4.8%, attributed to weaker domestic and international demand. A 2.2% upturn followed in 2010 and data for 2011 shows output 1.1% ahead of 2010. However, there was a sharp 6.3% drop in cigarette production in 2012, with an ever sharper 11.8% fall recorded in 2013 leaving production just 2.2% ahead of 1990 levels and 12.1% below 2000 levels.
- In 2013 exports were equivalent to 76.1% of national production, compared with 30.6% in 1990 and 43.8% in 2000, although their share had reached 82.1% in 2011.
“Cigarettes in Germany” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Germany.
- This report is the result of ERC’s extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Germany. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Germany.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Germany along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production & trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Germany, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Retail Sales Value & Per Capita Expenditure, 1990-2014
Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imports, 2000-2013
Market Breakdown: Filter v Plain Cigarettes, 2000-2013
Market Breakdown by Type & Strength, 2000-2013
Market Breakdown by Pack Size, 2000-2013
Market Breakdown by Price Band, 2005-2013
Cigarette Distribution Channels, 2013
Retail Sales of Cigarettes by Outlet, 2000 & 2005-2013
Manufacturers & Brands
Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2014
Brand Family Shares, 2000-2013
Market Shares of Leading Brand Variants, 2000-2009
Taxation & Retail Prices
Prevailing Tax Rates on Cigarettes, 1990-2015
Tax Incidence in Relation to Retail Prices, 1990-2014
EU Countries, Retail Price & Tax Incidence Comparison, 2014
Average Prices of Cigarettes, 1990-2014
Retail Prices of Leading Brands, 2008-2014
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Cigarette Smokers by Region, 2005, 2009 & 2013
Smoking Prevalence by Age & Gender, 2005, 2009 & 2013
Cigarette Smokers by Gender & Type of Cigarette, 2002
Cigarette Smokers by Age & Gender, 1999
Cigarette Smokers by Age & Type of Cigarette, 2002
Smoking Intensity, 2002
Cigarette Smokers by Region & Cigarette Type, 2002
Smokers by Level of Education, 1999
Smokers by Industrial Sector, 1999
Smokers by Profession, 1999
Cigarette Smokers by Household Income & Cigarette Type, 2002
Cigarette Smokers by Household Size & Type of Cigarette, 2002
Production & Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
Manufacturers' Sales Value, 1990-2013
Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2013
Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2013
Philip Morris GmbH
Reemtsma Cigarettenfabriken GmbH
British-American Tobacco (Germany) GmbH
JT International Germany GmbH
Heintz van Landewyck GmbH
Prospects & Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023