“Cigarettes in Finland” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Finland Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Sales in 2010 saw a rebound of 25.3% and given the bulk-buying by retailers and consumers towards the end of 2011, sales in 2012 dropped by 26.8% as consumers were hit by sharp increases in prices for cigarettes.
- Including occasional smokers, a total of 33.7% of males and 26.4% of females are smokers, with the highest incidence found among 15-24 year old females and 25-34 year old males. Only after the age of 54 years does the prevalence of smoking tail off significantly.
- Current forecasts suggest an overall volume decline of 21.7% between 2013 and 2023, taking the legitimate market down. In per capita terms, legitimate consumption is expected to fall by 21.6% by 2023.
“Cigarettes in Finland” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Finland.
- This report is the result of ERC’s extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Finland. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Finland.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Finland along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production & trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Finland, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Total Sales (Domestic & Non-Domestic), 2000-2013
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Retail Sales Value, 1990-2013
Cigarette Sales by Type, 2013 & 2014
Cigarette Sales by Price Segment, 2013 & 2014
Manufacturers & Brands
Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2014
Brand Family Shares, 2000-2014
Taxation & Retail Prices
Cigarette Taxation Rates, 2006-2014
EU Countries, Retail Price & Tax Incidence Comparison, 2014
Retail Price Trends - Most Popular Category, 1995-2014
Cigarette Retail Prices, March & December 2011-2015
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Proportion of Daily Smokers by Gender & Age, 1990, 2000 & 2005-2013
Daily Smokers Amongst 14-18 Year Olds by Gender & Age, 1991-2013
Proportion of Daily & Occasional Smokers, by Age & Gender, 2002
Daily & Occasional Use of Snus, 2000-2005 & 2008-2013
Production & Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2004
Cigarette Imports, 1990-2013
Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2013
Cigarette Exports, 1990-2013
Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2013
Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
Philip Morris Finland Oy
Imperial Tobacco Finland Oy
British American Tobacco Nordic Oy
Prospects & Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.