"World Cigarettes Egypt” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Egypt cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Having risen to 19.6 billion pieces in 2010, imports fell back to 5.9 billion pieces in 2011 as a result of tax rises, the impact of smuggling and weaker domestic demand, with a further fall to 4.5 billion pieces in 2012
- Economic growth continued in 2010 but cigarette sales were down by 7.5% to 80.6 billion pieces as a result of a tax hike in July 2010.
- Per capita consumption rates in 2012 are 29% ahead of 1990 levels but have fallen by 18.7% since the peak in 2008. A further 3.2% fall is forecast for 2013.
- "World Cigarettes Egypt” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the cigarettes industry in Egypt.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering cigarettes across Egypt. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the cigarettes industry in Egypt.
- This report also provides market size of the cigarettes industry in Egypt along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the cigarettes industry across Egypt, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Content
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2013
Duty Paid and Non-Duty Paid Markets, 2010-2012
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2013
Market Breakdown, Local and Foreign Cigarettes, 2010/11 and 2011/12
Cigarette Sales by Size, 2000-2008
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Shares, 2000-2013
Taxation and Retail Prices
General Sales Tax Rates, January 2010
Retail Prices of Selected Brands, 1996-2008
Selected Eastern Brands, Retail Prices, 2011
Selected Retail Prices, 2012 and 2014
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2012
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
Cigarette Imports, 1990-2012
Imports by Country of Origin, 2003-2012
Cigarette Exports, 1990-2012
Exports by Country of Destination, 2009-2012
Eastern Company SAE
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2022
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.