"World Cigarettes Dominican Republic” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Dominican Republic Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- A 36% fall in sales occurred in 2007 following a major tax hike, with further drops in 2009 (9.5%) as tax-induced price rises hit the market again. Current volumes of around 2.88 billion pieces in 2012 are 4.4% down on 2011 and 41.7% lower than 1990 levels. Per capita sales in 2012 were estimated at 278 pieces compared with 678 pieces in 1990.
- In 2002, volumes fell by a further 3.6% as inflation and a continuing poor performance of the economy led to an effective devaluation of the Peso
- A 4.4% fall in 2012 put sales down at 2,882 million pieces. Forecasts for 2013 predict a further fall of 6.3% in duty paid volume with a combination of higher prices and rising non-duty paid sales the main reason.
- "World Cigarettes Dominican Republic” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Dominican Republic.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Dominican Republic.The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industryin Dominican Republic.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Dominican Republicalong with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Dominican Republic, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Content
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2013
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2013
Retail Sales of Cigarettes, 1993-2011
Market Breakdown: Blond v Dark Cigarettes, 2000-2012
Market Breakdown: Filter v Plain Cigarettes, 2000-2012
Market Breakdown by Packaging Type, 1999-2004
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2013
Brand Family Shares, 2004-2011
Taxation and Retail Prices
Cigarette Price Per Pack, 1998-2011
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2012
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2012
Cigarette Imports, 2004-2011
Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2011
Cigarette Exports, 2000-2009
Exports by Country of Destination, 2007-2011
Philip Morris Dominicana SA
La Tabacalera C por A (formerly Compaia Anonima Tabacalera)
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2022
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.