“Cigarettes in Australia” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Australia Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- More recently, in December 2012, plain packaging was introduced. Volumes that year were 18.75 billion pieces, 47.8% below 1990 levels and 5.6% below 2011 levels.
- Nevertheless, production fell to 13.07 billion pieces in 2012, 26.4% below levels in the previous year.
- The outlook for the Australian market is for a period of steep decline as a result of the impact of anti-smoking activity, with market volume forecast to decline to 14.25 billion pieces 2022.
- “Cigarettes in Australia” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Australia.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Australia.The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry intoCigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed dataof the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Australia.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Australia along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Australia, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Content
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2012
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2012
Licit and Illicit Tobacco Sales, 2007-2012
Cigarette Retail Sales Trends, Grocery, 2001-2012
Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported Cigarettes, 1990-2011
Marketed Strength Trends, Grocery Sector, 2000-2006
Market Segmentation by Pack Size, Grocery Sector, 2002-2012
Grocery Sector Sales by Price Category, 2002-2012
Cigarette Sales by Outlet, 2010
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Shares, 2000-2012
Manufacturer Shares, Grocery v Other Outlets, 2010-2012
Market Shares, Leading Brand Families, 2002-2010
Manufacturer Shares by Price Segment, Grocery Sector, 2004-2012
Brand Family Shares by Price Segment, Grocery Outlets, 2008-2012
Manufacturer Shares, Convenience Outlets, 2004-2010
Brand Family Shares, Convenience Outlets, 2003-2007
Manufacturer Shares, Tobacconists, 2010
Market Shares, Leading Brand Families by State, 2001, 2006 and 2007
Taxation and Retail Prices
Annual Excise Duty Rates, 1999-2013
Retail Prices, Selected Brands, 2009-2013
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2011
Analysis of Tobacco Use by Age and Gender, 2010
Use of Tobacco by Gender and State, 2010
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2011
Cigarette Imports, 1990-2011
Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2011
Cigarette Exports, 1990-2011
Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2011
Recent Anti-Smoking Regulation by State, 2009-2013
Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
British American Tobacco Australasia
Philip Morris Ltd
Imperial Tobacco Australia Limited
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2021