What Britain Wears: Niche Clothing 2017
"What Britain Wears: Niche Clothing 2017", report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the UK market (including forecasts up to 2022), the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes. It provides in-depth analysis of the following: the hot issues impacting the market, strategies for success, market sizes and forecasts, retailer profiles, retailer market shares, consumer data and future outlook. It also provides a detailed analysis into what, how and where people are buying plus size, petite and maternitywear.
The UK plus size menswear market is forecast to be the strongest performer over the next five years, with estimated growth of over 22% out to 2022. While retailers have been much more focused on womens plus size ranges over the past decade, fashion players are finally starting to make the necessary investments in mens plus size collections in order to better cater to the growing and underserved customer base - with players such as ASOS and River Island recently launching ranges.
- Rising obesity levels have powered plus size womenswear market growth with more retailers recognising that size 18+ females were underserved, therefore investing in new ranges, wider choice and improved accessibility via online - boosting plus size expenditure by almost 800m since 2012.
- Despite a diminishing market share year-on-year and losing relevance in terms of fashionability in an increasingly competitive market, Mothercare is forecast to remain the maternitywear market leader in 2017 ahead of second place Asda.
- After price, fit is the most important factor for petite shoppers, with 31% of consumers stating it was a driver for petite clothing purchases; however over 60% of petite shoppers said they had difficulty finding clothing on the high street to fit them well.
- Online is the most important channel for plus size shoppers, with 45% of female shoppers buying plus size clothing on a retailers website and 36% of male plus size shoppers doing the same. Retailers must continue to invest in site navigation, personalisation and fulfilment to provide shoppers with the convenience they demand.
Reasons to buy
- Using our five year forecasts to 2022, understand which niche subcategories are the fastest performing to ensure more focus and investment in these winning product areas.
- Understand niche clothing shoppers purchasing habits and preferences and how to drive spend.
- Understand major niche clothing retailers strengths and weaknesses and their market share forecasts for 2017.
Table of Contents
The hot issues
What people buy
Where people shop
How people shop
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.