Wealth in China: HNW Investors 2017
- June 2017
- Wealth Management
- 44 pages
"Wealth in China: HNW Investors 2017", analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of Chinese HNW investors. The report is based on our proprietary Global Wealth Managers Survey.
The Chinese private banking industry is difficult to penetrate, but wealth managers that are aware of the local makeup of the HNW market will find it to be highly profitable. Chinese HNW investors have mainly sourced their wealth through a mixture of first-generation entrepreneurship and business ownership. While the largest chunk of HNW wealth is held via discretionary mandates, a noteworthy proportion remains up for grabs. The average portfolio is heavily invested into cash and near-cash products and property, and this is not expected to change in the near future. Chinese HNW clients also show moderate to strong demand for auxiliary services; in particular, financial and pension planning are popular, and demand for all planning services is forecast to rise. As a result, a multi-service proposition is critical in China.
Specifically the report -
- Profiles the average Chinese HNW investor in terms of their demographics and analyzes the expat opportunity in China.
- Analyzes which wealth management mandates are preferred among Chinese HNW investors and how demand will develop looking forward.
- Examines the allocation of Chinese HNW investors portfolios into different asset classes and how this will change in the future.
- Analyzes product and service demand among Chinese HNW investors.
- Business owners are a lucrative segment, accounting for over 61% of the local HNW population.
- Expats also represent a noteworthy proportion of the Chinese resident HNW population, with the largest number stemming from the US.
- HNW investors allocate an above-average and growing proportion of their wealth into cash and near-cash products and real estate.
- 41% of HNW wealth is kept in discretionary mandates, but demand for automated investment services is on the rise.
- Financial and pension planning are particularly sought after, and should be part of every wealth managers offering.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and enhance your client targeting strategies using our data on HNW profiles and sources of wealth.
- Give your marketing strategies the edge required and capture new clients using insights from our data on HNW investors drivers for seeking investment advice vs self-directing.
- Tailor your investment product portfolio to match current and future demand for different asset classes among HNW individuals.
- Develop your service proposition to match the product and service demand expressed by Chinese HNW investors and react proactively to forecasted changes in demand.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
More from Wealth Management
Wealth ManagementIncome Protection - UK - February 2017
Wealth ManagementConsumers and the Economic Outlook: Quarterly Update - UK - March 2017
Wealth ManagementMortgages - Ireland - March 2017
Wealth ManagementWealth in France: HNW Investors 2017