Virtual Reality in Oil & Gas - Thematic Research
Virtual reality (VR) provides an interactive experience for oil and gas processes within a simulated environment. A geologist equipped with a VR headset or a video wall can visualize the earths subsurface and interpret seismic data using this technology. Similarly, an operator can get a virtual tour of a refinery and understand its layout through VR-powered training modules. This technology presents a superior alternative to images, charts, and schematics in the design and planning of different activities in the oil and gas sector. When a team of geologists, geophysicists, drilling engineers, and technicians are tasked with analyzing vast acres of seismic data for selecting a drilling location, a 3D model of the subsurface can be rendered using VR for observing the terrain, undulations, and fractures in the geologic formation. It creates a virtual walkthrough of the subsurface that can guide decision-makers in evaluating the pros and cons of proceeding with drilling operations.
- Overview of the emergence of virtual reality as a theme in the oil and gas industry and its impact on operations.
- Detailed analysis of the emerging use cases for virtual reality across the oil and gas value chain.
- A brief overview of the major application areas for virtual reality in the oil and gas industry.
- Analysis of the virtual reality industry along with its trends across different industry verticals.
Reasons to buy
- Understand the importance of adopting virtual reality in oil and gas operations.
- Identify the key applications and trends for the virtual reality theme.
- A review of some of the case studies highlighting the growing capabilities of virtual reality in addressing business challenges across the oil and gas value chain.
- Identify and benchmark key oil and gas companies and technology providers based on their exposure to virtual reality theme.
Table of Contents
IMPACT OF VIRTUAL REALITY ON THE OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY 3
Virtual reality can facilitate hands-on training within a controlled environment 3
...offering solutions to improve project design and maintenance 3
and accelerate product development 4
Case studies 4
Equinor uses VR to optimize well planning 4
Saudi Aramco uses VR to improve workforce training 5
Eni SpA designs virtual training system to simulate drilling operations 6
Enbridge deploys VR to diagnose pipeline fitness 6
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 9
Oil and gas trends 11
Technology trends 12
Macroeconomic trends 14
Regulatory trends 16
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 17
Market size and growth forecasts 17
Competitive analysis 18
Mergers and acquisitions 19
VALUE CHAIN 21
Applications and content 30
Oil and gas companies 31
Technology companies 33
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 38
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.