ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) in Oil and Gas-Thematic Research
- July 2021
- 59 pages
ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) in Oil and Gas - Thematic
Climate change measures will fundamentally alter the industry
The measures the Paris Agreement signee governments will take to discourage emissions and ensure the success of net-zero goals will render conventional oil and gas activity less and less viable.
In the next decade, wherein hydrocarbon demand will not fall significantly, oil and gas companies should minimize losses to emissions-discouraging measures such as carbon pricing by altering processes across the value chain to reduce emissions.
In subsequent decades hydrocarbon demand will fall. Technological innovation and increased consumer mindfulness will make sustainable alternatives to hydrocarbon-intensive products more and more attractive. For example, in transport, historically the largest hydrocarbon-demanding sector, conventional cars will be displaced almost entirely by electric vehicles (EVs). Though some demand will remain, survival for most current oil and gas companies will mean transitioning to a new product. There are many options for products (renewable energy will be the most popular), but success in any requires that companies invest soon so that cashflows are already strong by the time demand falls. Companies that wait until hydrocarbon revenues dry up will have insufficient cash to fund a transition.
Strong governance and social practices are vital for the transition
Oil and gas companies will need effective governance to steer themselves through the existential disruption that the next three or four decades will bring. The balancing act necessary for companies to meet net-zero objectives while retaining scale demands deft leadership: companies must sustain sufficient cashflows to handle demand volatility, overhaul their asset portfolios, make astute investments, and satisfy sustainability-minded stakeholders, all while providing stable dividends.
As millennials come to dominate the consumer base and workforce and begin to assert their preferences, companies that fail to maintain good social practices (toward workers and affected local communities) will struggle to attract and retain customers and employees.
- Comprehensive ESG framework. Identification of contributing factors for each of environmental, social, and governance and mitigating actions companies can take against them.
- Explanation of GlobalDatas ESG feedback loop and the opportunity for companies to establish a virtuous cycle of sustainable action that benefits all stakeholders and finances.
- Listing of all technological and macroeconomic trends relevant to ESG in oil and gas with explanation of their ramifications.
- Extensive coverage of the threats and opportunities that ESG concerns present to the oil and gas industry.
- Coverage and analysis of all relevant companies relative positions in the ESG theme: 11 oil and gas operators, 9 equipment and services providers.
- Unique thematic scorecard that ranks oil & gas companies according to their positioning in the ten themes most important to the industry.
Reasons to Buy
- Survive future demand drops and inhospitable regulation by understanding the threats and opportunities ESG concerns present to the industry.Position yourself for future success by making the correct ESG investments.
- Cut through the noise with GlobalDatas ESG framework that identifies contributing factors and mitigating actions.
- Uncover the oil and gas companies excelling with GlobalDatas thematic scorecard. Understand and replicate their success with the extensive coverage of each leading companys activity in the companies section.
- Develop relevant and credible sales and marketing messages for oil and gas companies by understanding key industry challenges and which ESG products and services are desired. Identify attractive investment targets by understanding which companies are most advanced in the themes that will determine future success in the oil and gas industry.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
Table of Contents
GlobalDatas ESG framework
Contributing factors and mitigating actions
The ESG action feedback loop
ESG challenges in oil and gas
Integrated oil and gas sector scorecard
Our thematic research methodology
List of Tables
Norway's pipeline of future field electrification projects
Examples of planned and active wind integration projects
Examples of active and planned solar integration projects
Major upcoming renewable energy projects of oil and gas companies
Largest capacity renewable fuel refineries
Company analysis: oil and gas operators
Company analysis: equipment and services providers
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.