Utilities Global Industry Almanac 2016-2025
- March 2021
- 660 pages
Global Utilities industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry size (value 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the industry.
- The utilities industry consists of the electricity, gas and water markets.
- The electricity retailing market consists of the net consumption of electricity by end-users, segmented by industrial, transportation, commercial & public services, and residential consumption.
- The gas utilities market covers all natural gas consumption, net of distribution or transmission losses, by end-users in the following categories: industrial (including use as a feedstock and autogeneration), commercial and public-sector organizations, residential consumers, electric power generation (including combined heat and power but excluding autogeneration and heat plant), and other (including transport, agriculture, centralized heat plant, and other usage). Values are calculated from segment volumes and the average annual price of gas charged to end-users in each segment net of any applicable taxes.
- The water utilities industry consists of all water that is collected, treated and distributed to agricultural, industrial, and residential end-users.
- All currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2019 annual average exchange rates.
- Figures presented in this report are calculated applying the "middle path" scenario - this is based on the current situation in countries where the epidemic burst first, like China as a model countries and the announcements made by governments, stating that the abnormal situation may last up to six months.
- The assumption has been made that after this time the economy will gradually go back to the levels recorded before the pandemics by the end of the year. It is also assumed that there is no widespread economic crisis as seen back in 2008 due to announced pay-outs across countries.
- At the moment of preparation of this report in December 2020 the economic implications of the lock downs of many economics are still very difficult to predict as there is no indication how long the pandemics could last, the number of sectors forced to stay closed and the scale of the governmental' aid involved.
- The global utilities industry is expected to generate total revenues of $6,342.9bn in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.7% between 2016 and 2020.
- The Gas segment is expected to be the industry's most lucrative in 2020, with total revenues of $2,915.4bn, equivalent to 46% of the industry's overall value.
- The performance of the industry is forecast to accelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 4% for the five-year period 2020 - 2025, which is expected to drive the industry to a value of $7,731.2bn by the end of 2025.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global utilities industry
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global utilities industry
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key utilities industry players global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global utilities industry with five year forecasts
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the global utilities industry by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the global utilities industry in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global utilities industry?
- How has the industry performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global utilities industry?
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.