United Kingdom (UK) Insurance Industry-Governance, Risk and Compliance
- February 2021
- 139 pages
GlobalDatas 'United Kingdom (UK) Insurance Industry - Governance,
Risk and Compliance' report is the result of extensive research into
the insurance regulatory framework in the UK.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- Two new regulatory bodies PRA and FCA, replaced the FSA on April 1, 2013.
- Solvency II came into force in the UK on January 1, 2016, and introduced new risk management standards for insurers.
- The favorable FDI regime allows up to 100% foreign participation in the UK insurance industry.
- Non-admitted insurance is not allowed in the UK. However, insurance companies from other the EEA Member States are permitted to operate in the country and are exempted from authorization.
- Employer's liability and motor third-party liability insurance are the key compulsory classes of insurance.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in the UK including
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in the UK.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the countrys insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in the UK.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in the UK.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the countrys insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in the UK.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the UK insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
Table of Contents
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in the Regulation
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.3.1 Life insurance
2.3.2 Property insurance
2.3.3 Motor insurance
2.3.4 Liability insurance
2.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
2.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.4.1 Employers liability insurance
2.4.2 Motor third-party liability insurance
2.4.3 Merchant shipping compulsory insurance
2.4.4 National Insurance Scheme
2.4.5 Professional indemnity insurance
2.4.6 Air carriers and aircraft operators insurance
2.4.7 Clinical trials liability insurance
2.4.8 Liability for ships with respect to oil pollution
2.4.9 Nuclear liability insurance
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.5.1 International Association of Insurance Supervisors
2.5.2 European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority
2.5.3 Prudential Regulation Authority
2.5.4 Financial Conduct Authority
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.6.3 Market practices
2.6.4 Fines and Penalties
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.7.1 Type of insurance organization
2.7.2 Establishing a local company
2.7.3 Foreign ownership
2.7.4 Types of license
2.7.5 Capital requirements
2.7.6 Solvency margin
2.7.7 Reserve requirements
2.7.8 Investment regulations
2.7.9 Statutory return requirements
2.7.10 Fee structure
2.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxation
2.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
2.8.3 Corporate tax
2.9 Legal System
2.9.2 Access to court
2.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
3.2 Contact GlobalData
3.3 About GlobalData
3.4 GlobalDatas Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: UK - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
Table 3: UK - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 4: UK - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 5: UK - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 6: UK - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 7: UK - Benefits Under National Insurance Scheme
Table 8: UK - Minimum Cover for Aircraft Third-Party Liability per Accident per Aircraft
Table 9: UK - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2020
Table 10: UK- VAT Rates in UK for Insurance Products
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Banking
Financial ServicesConsumers And The Economic Outlook - US - January 2020