United Kingdom Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
United Kingdom Telecom operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in the UK today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
'Telecom service revenue growth in the UK over 2019-2024 will be driven by mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment over 2019-2024, driven by increasing mobile data consumption over smartphones, increasing popularity of OTT messaging and video services and projected growth of 5G services over the forecast period. Following launch of commercial 5G services in 2019, operators will continue to focus on 5G network deployments to monetize the services over the forecast period.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in the UK.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom service revenue in the UK will grow at a CAGR of 1.3% in terms of US$ (1.1% in local currency) during 2019-2024.
- Mobile revenue will account for 40.1% of total and pay-TV services revenue in 2024, driven mainly by rising mobile data consumption.
- 4G will be the most adopted mobile technology over the 2019-2024 period. All major operators will launch 5G commercially in 2019.
- The top three mobile operators, BT, O2 and Vodafone, accounted for 73% share of overall mobile subscriptions in 2019.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of the UKs telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the UKs mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in the UKs telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the UK.
Table of contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.