Unconventional (Oil and Gas) Production in the US Lower 48, H1 2021 Update
- September 2021
- 46 pages
The United States Lower 48 (L48) has several prolific oil and gas shale plays that make significant contributions to the economic development of the country. This development is primarily driven by the major oil shales of the Permian Basin, DJ Basin, Eagle Ford and Bakken as well as the major gas shales of Haynesville, Marcellus, Utica and Scoop Stack plays. The production activity across all these shale plays is reviewed and forecasted in this research study.
During H1 2021, shale production across the US gained overall amid improvement in crude oil prices and global energy demand. During this phase, operators experienced several highs and lows due to external factors, including extreme weather conditions and a change in the countrys leadership. In the short to medium term, shale production is expected grow steadily over the next five years, although the rig count growth could depend on price movement.
- The report analyses the crude oil and natural gas appraisal and production activities in the US Lower 48 shale plays. The scope of the report includes -
- Comprehensive analysis of crude oil and natural gas historical production in US L48 shale plays during 2018-25
- Detailed information of well development, permits and deals across US L48 shale plays during aftermath of COVID-19 pandemic
- In-depth information of economic viability, well productivity and well completion parameters across major shale plays in the US
- Analysis of top companies net acreage, planned capital expenditure, and crude oil and natural gas break-even prices in 2021
- Up-to-date information on major mergers and acquisitions across major shale plays during 2021
Reasons to Buy
- Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights into the major shale plays in the US
- Plan your strategies based on economic viability and expected developments in the major US shale plays
- Keep yourself informed of the latest M&A activity in across major shale plays
- Identify opportunities and challenges in across major US shale plays
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
Table of Contents
1. Major Developments in the US Lower 48, 2020
2. US Lower 48, Historical Production and Short-Term Outlook
2.1 US Lower 48, Historical Production and Short-Term Outlook, 2018-2025
3. US Lower 48, Recent Developments and Trends among Major Shale Plays
3.1 Well Development Activity, January - June 2021
3.2 Rig Count, January - June 2021
3.3 Drilled Uncompleted Wells, January - June 2021
3.4 Well Permits, January - June 2021
3.5 Deals, January - June 2021
4. US Lower 48, Economic Viability
4.1 Crude Oil Breakeven Price across Major Shale Plays
4.2 Natural Gas Breakeven Price by Major Shale Plays
4.3 US Lower 48, Well Productivity
4.4 US Lower 48, Well Completion
4.5 US Lower 48, Cost Trend
5. US Lower 48, Analysis of Top Companies
5.1 Total Net Acreage of Major Operators
5.2 Hydrocarbon Production of Major Companies, 2020
5.3 Planned Capital Expenditure for Major Operators in 2021
5.4 Break-even Crude Oil Price of Major Operators
5.5 Break-even Gas Price of Major Operators
6. Mergers and Acquisition Activity in the US Lower 48, 2020 - 2021
6.1 Overview of M&A Activity
List of Tables
Table 1: Net acreage of major companies in the US, by shale play, 2021
Table 2: Crude oil and condensate production of major operators by shale plays, 2021 (mbd)
Table 3: Natural gas production of major operators by shale plays, 2021 (mmcfd)
Table 4: Planned Capital Expenditure by Major Companies, 2020-21 (US$ million)
Table 5: Crude oil break-even prices of major operators by shale plays, 2021 (US$/bbl)
Table 6: Natural gas break-even prices of major operators by shale plays, 2021 (US$/mcf)
Table 7: US Lower 48, Major Deals by Oil and Gas Companies, 2020-2021
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.