UK Insurance Aggregators 2018
- February 2018
- 45 pages
"UK Insurance Aggregators 2018", report explores consumer purchasing behavior through price comparison sites and how it is changing. It discovers what is most influential to customers when selecting a policy through the channel and reveals the brand strategies of the four leading sites. Their distinct approaches to advertising are also highlighted, as well as key factors that will influence the market over the coming years - including regulation and new technology.
The proportion of consumers using aggregators for research purposes rose in three of the four leading personal lines categories in 2017, after continuously declining for three consecutive years in all four lines. The motor and pet lines saw rises of just under 5.0 percentage points as consumers looked for savings when faced with increasing premiums in both sectors. However, this increased traffic did not necessarily lead to more purchases through price comparison websites.
- Three of the four main aggregators reported an improved year-on-year financial performance.
- Web traffic increased but dominance in individual channels declined as consumers opted to go direct to insurers.
- Confused.com was the only aggregator to launch a large-scale campaign up to H1 2017, but Comparethemarket.com and Moneysupermarket.com released theirs later in the year.
Reasons to buy
- Adapt your distribution strategy to ensure it still meets customer purchasing behaviors.
- Ensure you remain competitive as new innovations revolutionize the consumer purchasing journey.
- Be informed of how new technology could impact the aggregator channel over the next few years.
- Read about differences in pricing between the top four comparison sites.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Banking
Financial ServicesConsumers And The Economic Outlook - US - January 2020