Type 2 Diabetes: Competitive Landscape to 2026
Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) is a chronic disease characterized by insulin resistance and pancreatic -cell failure, with an underlying genetic predisposition heavily influenced by diet and lifestyle. Insulin is a hormone that regulates the glucose level in blood. Raised blood sugar (hyperglycemia) is an immediate consequence of diabetes, and over time leads to serious tissue damage, affecting the heart, blood vessels, eyes, kidneys, and nerves. This report provides an assessment of the pipeline, clinical, and commercial landscape of T2D. Overall, GlobalData expects new drug approvals to drive T2D market growth over the next decade (2016-2026).
This report combines data from the Pharma Intelligence Center with in-house analyst expertise to provide a competitive assessment of the disease marketplace. Components of the slide deck include -
- Pipeline Assessment-regional breakdown, promising late-stage products, early-stage pipeline by molecule type
- Clinical Trials Assessment-trial breakdown by phase, leading industry and non-industry sponsors, enrollment analytics
- Commercial Assessment-leading marketed products, current and future players
- Competitive Landscape Analysis-key market events (2016-2026).
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1. Preface 2
1.1 Table of Contents 2
1.2 Abbreviations 3
1.3 Related Reports 4
1.4 Upcoming Related Reports 5
2. Executive Summary 6
2.2 Key Findings 7
2.2 Key Events 8
3. Introduction 9
3.1 Report Scope 10
3.2 Disease Definition and Epidemiology Overview 12
4. Pipeline Assessment 14
4.1 Pipeline Overview 15
4.2 Pipeline Breakdown by Region/Country 17
4.3 Pipeline Breakdown by Molecule Type and Target 18
4.4 Drug Review Designations 19
4.5 Products in Clinical Development 20
5. Clinical Trial Assessment 22
5.1 Clinical Trials Overview 23
5.2 Top Sponsors of Clinical Trials in T2D 24
5.3 Trial Breakdown by Region 26
5.4 Therapy Area Perspective 28
5.5 Enrollment Analytics 29
5.6 T2D Clinical Trials with CV Outcomes 32
6 Commercial Assessment 34
6.1 Leading Marketed Products 35
6.2 Current & Future Players 36
7. Competitor Landscape Analysis (2016-2026) 37
7.1 Events and Segmentation Overview 38
7.2 US 39
7.3 5EU 40
7.4 Japan, China, and India 41
8 Appendix 42
8.1 Sources 43
8.2 Methodology 44
8.3 Key Events Included in the Analysis 45
8.4 About the Authors 46
8.5 About GlobalData 49
8.6 Contact Us 50
8.7 Disclaimer 51
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.