Transparent conducting films (TCF) are thin layers of transparent electrically conductive material having touchscreen and photovoltaics modules. TCF are fabricated from organic and inorganic materials. Inorganic films are made up of thin layers of transparent conducting oxide which include fluorine doped tin oxide (FTO), indium tin oxide (ITO), and doped zinc oxide. Organic films are developed using networks of carbon nanotubes and graphene, coupled with poly (3, 4-ethylenedioxythiophene) (PEDOT) and its derivatives. High elasticity, good conductivity, and tensile strength have made carbon nanotubes conducting films more attractive than others.
Indium tin oxide (ITO) is the widely used technology for the production of TCF. LCD displays is the largest application of TCF followed by photovoltaics, touchscreens, and other displays. The market value of TCF was more than a billion USD in 2011. The material cost of carbon nanotubes is similar to indium tin oxide but the structure of making carbon nanotubes TCF is much easier which makes its overall cost lower. Carbon nanotubes, graphene, and transparent organic material are the most widely used technologies for TCF production followed by metal nanoparticles, indium tin oxide, and other metal oxides.
Developments in display, solar, and touch screen applications will provide various opportunities for the TCF industry. Increase in the demand for flexible devices such as eReader is expected to drive the demand for TCF from 2012 to 2018. The ever rising price of the indium tin oxide technology is limiting the growth of the TCF industry.
Some of the key participants in the TCF industry are Caledon Controls, Cambrios Technologies Corp., Canatu Ltd., Carestream Advanced Materials, Dai Nippon Printing Co Ltd. (DNP), Dontech Inc., Eastman Kodak, Eikos, Fujifilm Ltd., Gunze Ltd., Heraeus Clevios, Holst Centre, Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Inc., Mitsui Ltd., Japan, NanoForge, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), National University of Singapore, Samsung Electronics, Sang Bo Corporation, and Sigma-Aldrich.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends.
Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Please fill the Request TOC form below.
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.