Translucent Films Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2018 - 2026
- Transparency Market Research
Global Translucent films market: A historical analysis
Translucent films have matte surface finish due to which it provides uniform color in reflected as well as transmitted light which is considered as one of the prominent reasons due to which translucent films are used in graphic films. Architectural graphics, directional signage, outdoor advertising, backlit signage are some of the most prominent applications of the translucent films. Big brand owners prefer the publicity of their goods through outdoor advertising, which is considered as one of the reasons for boosting the market of the global translucent films market. The increase in demand for ready to eat foods and processed foods is the major factor that is driving the market of the global translucent films market. On the basis of material translucent films market has been segmented into PET, PP, PE, PS and PVC. Screen printing, cut graphics and thermoforming are some of the major application of translucent films. This has led to rise in the sale of the translucent films market
Global Translucent Films Market: Company and Industry Level Trends
Company Name: 3M Company
The company is focusing on innovations which also includes new launches in the field of film market to attract more customers by addressing the differential needs of the customers
- 3M spends more than 5% of its sale on research and development to improve its product offerings. The company has 8,300 researchers and research offices in 36 countries across the world.
Global Translucent Films Market: Market Dynamics
Translucent films are extensively used in packaging and printing applications. Translucent films are widely used as decorative films, which includes home interior, interior of private jets and vehicles decoration, by creating interior graphics, or using it as a surface protection film. Translucent films are prominently used as privacy films at various establishments including hotels, hospitals, restaurants, schools, and colleges among others. The institutional market for translucent films is expected to create considerable market demand, during the forecast period. Manufacturers and suppliers of translucent films incorporate several added features such as color fastness, customization option for textures, fire retardant films, and clean wiping, among others. Value-added effects are incorporated in translucent films to cater to various client requirements. Apart from value-added features, manufacturers also incorporate characteristics such as resistance to heat, resistance to chemicals, etc. Translucent films incorporated with weather resistance features are extensively used for outdoor signage applications. The global market for translucent films is expected to witness new product development activities targeted to cater extensive end-use industries. Innovation and new product development activities by manufacturers of translucent films are expected to generate considerable market opportunities during the forecast period, 2018-2026.
Global Translucent Films Market: Segmentation
Pricing for this market has been captured on the basis of thickness type
On the basis of material, the global translucent films market has been segmented as:
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Others (Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC), Polyamide (Nylon)
On the basis of thickness type, the global translucent films market has been segmented as:
- Up to 1 mil
- 1 to 2 mil
- Above 2 mil
On the basis of application, the global translucent films market has been segmented as:
- LED Lighting
On the basis of end use industry, the global translucent films market has been segmented as:
- Food & Beverage Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Personal Care and Cosmetics Industry
Global Translucent Films Market: Key Players
Some key players that currently operate in translucent films market across the globe can be segmented into three tiers based on their revenue as follows:
- Tier -1 (includes market leader’s players with revenue of more than 2 Bn)
- 3M Company
- Tier-2 (includes market players with revenue between 5 Mn – 500 Mn)
- Hexis S.A.
- Cosmo Films Limited
- Grimco, Inc
- Marvel Vinyls Limited
- Tier-3 (includes market players with revenue between less than 5 Mn)
- Decorative Films LLC
Key Product Launches:
- On 22 April Amcor limited launched new silicon oxide coated translucent films - AmLite Ultra pack which provides barrier to oxygen transmission that is 30% better than a standard aluminum laminate formation. This enables reduction in the weight of films in the flexible format packs, there by reducing the weight by 21% and overall carbon footprint by 40%.
- In August, 2017 Ulfex launched the film for candy packaging. It consists of bi-axially oriented polyethylene terephthalate (BOPET) film which consists of low capacity, gloss white anti – static twist wrap polyester film.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Packaging
PackagingChinese Markets for Industrial Packaging