Tourism Destination Market InsightsEastern Europe (2020)
- September 2020
- 34 pages
Eastern Europe provides a diverse range of attractions, experiences and activities appealing to all types of travelers from city slickers, heritage enthusiasts, culture seekers, avid walkers and adventurers worldwide.
GlobalDatas Destination Market Insight provides in-depth analysis of a tourist destination, in this case for Eastern Europe.
The report uses regional and country focused analysis to explore inbound tourist markets, infrastructure and attractions, as well as risks and opportunities. The report provides clear insight into current and future tourism developments in the region.
- Russia welcomed 24.4 million international visitors in 2019, alongside 65.5 million domestic visitors in the same year. The main purpose for international visitors in 2019 was VFR, followed by Business.
- Poland attracts the second most international arrivals in Eastern Europe, and welcomed 20.4 million travelers in 2019, alongside 47.6 million domestic travelers.
- International arrivals to Hungary have increased significantly over the past five years. With a CAGR increase of 6.2% 2014-2019 and an expected increase of 3.4% 2019-2024 despite the impacts of COVID-19, inbound travel to Hungary is strong.
- Ukraine welcomed 13.8 million visitors to the country in 2019, a decrease on the year previous. Unusually, the number of international arrivals outweighs the number of domestic trips.
- This insight report includes an analysis of source markets, infrastructure and attractions, and assesses the risks and opportunities for Eastern Europe as a destination market.
Reasons to Buy
- Obtain a clear and detailed insight into new developments in this popular tourist destination.
- Use data and analysis to explore future trends related to international arrivals, airlines, niche tourism, and hotel developments.
- Gain a strong understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.