Tobacco Company Profile - VNTC, 2017
"Tobacco Company Profile - VNTC, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Vietnamian and global market. The report analyzes the market size and structure of VNTC in Vietnam and globally, based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise. Key companies and consumer trends are also analyzed.
The Vietnam National Tobacco Corporation (VNTC or Vinataba) was established in 1985 is not only the largest cigarette producer in Vietnam but one of the largest business enterprises in the country. It is a state-owned holding group which, since June 2007, has been the only concern permitted to produce, import, and distribute cigarettes and cigars in Vietnam. VNTC comprises a number of directly controlled cigarette production units, as well as tobacco growing companies, support and service companies, and several joint venture companies. VNTC has international partnerships with the likes of BAT, JTI, PMI, and Imperial Tobacco whereby foreign brands are produced under license in VNTC's factories. Vietnam is a large and was, until recently, a growing market for cigarettes. Imports have been effectively prohibited in Vietnam since 1990, although illegal importation is widespread, to the extent that it accounts for just under a fifth of consumption. Recently, such contraband has negatively impacted legal sales. In the last few years, Vinataba has placed increasing focus on building up its exports to ensure long term profitability for the company. Overall, the company is forecast to remain as the central player in Vietnam and an increasingly important one on the global stage as well.
- VNTC overall cigarettes sales reach over 69 billion pieces in 2016.
- Cigarette exports hit 21.8 billion pieces in 2013, the most recent year data was released, from only 8.0 billion pieces in 2008.
- VNTC controls just under 50% of the Vietnamese cigarette market, as of 2016.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 5
2. Key Company Facts 6
3. Corporate Structure 7
3.1. Ownership 7
3.2. Organization 8
4. Financial Highlights 13
5. Cigarette Business Review 16
5.1. Overview 16
5.2. Vietnam 18
5.3. International Markets 22
6. Company Strengths, Strategies & Performance 24
7. Appendix 26
7.1. What is this Report About? 26
7.2. Product Category Coverage 26
7.3. Methodology 26
7.4. About GlobalData 28
7.5. Disclaimer 28
7.6. Contact Us 29
List of Tables
Table 1: Key Company Facts 6
Table 2: VNTC: Reported Member Companies & Joint Ventures, 2017 9
Table 3: VNTC: Reported Cigarette Subsidiaries & Brands 2017 11
Table 4: VNTC: Cigarette Joint Ventures 2017 12
Table 5: VNTC: Financial Highlights, VND Billion, 2002-2015 13
Table 6: Vinataba: Export Revenues, US$ Million, 2002-2013 13
Table 7: Gross Output, Vietnamese Tobacco Industry, VND Billion, 2005-2012 14
Table 8: Saigon Tobacco Company: Financial Highlights, VND Billion, 2005-2013 15
Table 9: TTLC: VNTC: Global Cigarette Sales & Share Development, Billion Pieces, 2000-2016 17
Table 10: Vietnam Market Size, Company Share & Sales Volume, Billion Pieces, 2000-2016 19
Table 11: Manufacturer Shares, Menthol Cigarettes, %, 2007 20
Table 12: Vinataba Export Sales, Million Packs and Billion Pieces, 2004-2013 22
Table 13: Exports by Country of Destination, Million Pieces, 2007-2013 23
List of Figures
Figure 1: VNTC - Organization Structure, 2017 11
Figure 2: Methodology 26
Figure 3: Global Data at a glance 28
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.