Timor-Leste Upstream Fiscal and Regulatory Report - Maritime Boundary Treaty Requires Transition for JPDA Contracts
- October 2018
- 21 pages
Timor-Lestes upstream fiscal regime has been relatively stable since the introduction of the 2005 model contract. Under PSAs, royalties are payable at a rate of 5% on gross production and after cost recovery, the remaining profit oil is shared between the licensee and the state. Licensees income is subject to corporate income tax at a rate of 30% and Supplemental Petroleum Tax. New legislation has been introduced to govern the sector in the past two years. The March 2018 signature of a new treaty between Timor-Leste and Australia establishing maritime boundaries heralds further regulatory changes.
Timor-Leste Upstream Fiscal and Regulatory Report - Maritime Boundary Treaty Requires Transition for JPDA Contracts, presents the essential information relating to the terms which govern investment into Timor-Lestes upstream oil and gas sector. The report sets out in detail the contractual framework under which firms must operate in the industry, clearly defining factors affecting profitability and quantifying the states take from hydrocarbon production. Considering political, economic and industry specific variables, the report also analyses future trends for Timor-Lestes upstream oil and gas investment climate.
- Overview of current fiscal terms governing upstream oil and gas operations in Timor-Leste
- Assessment of the current fiscal regimes state take and attractiveness to investors
- Charts illustrating the regime structure, and legal and institutional frameworks
- Detail on legal framework and governing bodies administering the industry
- Levels of upfront payments and taxation applicable to oil and gas production
- Information on application of fiscal and regulatory terms to specific licenses
- Outlook on future of fiscal and regulatory terms in Timor-Leste.
Reasons to buy
- Understand the complex regulations and contractual requirements applicable to Timor-Lestes upstream oil and gas sector
- Evaluate factors determining profit levels in the industry
- Identify potential regulatory issues facing investors in the countrys upstream sector
- Utilize considered insight on future trends to inform decision-making.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.