The UK Toys & Games Market 2017 - 2022
"The UK Toys & Games Market 2017 - 2022", report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the market and categories; forecasts out to 2022; the major players; the main trends; and consumer attitudes. It provides in-depth analysis of the following: the hot issues impacting the market (digital disruption, latest innovations, the impact of the box office and the growth of toys for adults); strategies for success; market and category sizes and forecasts; retailer profiles; retailer market shares; consumer data; and future outlook.
The UK toys & games market is forecast to rise 16.2% over the next five years, largely driven by strong growth in electrical toys and arts & crafts. Amazon continues to disrupt the toys & games market through its wide range, low prices and fast and affordable delivery options - driving online penetration. The result is that it will gain the most market share over the next five years and overtake Argos as the UKs number one toy retailer in 2020. Meanwhile, Toys R Us will struggle to remain relevant as online players and more dynamic specialists make Toys R Uss ability to stock a comprehensive, authoritative range a redundant differentiator.
- Toy specialists are threatened by online which will represent almost half (43.4%) of UK toys & games sales in 2022. Specialists must focus on delivering an exciting instore experience to create key destinations for family shopping trips, as well as making sure they have competitive online capabilities to compete with Amazon and Argos.
- We forecast electrical toys will be the fastest growing category over the next five years. The pairing of electronic toys with apps (for example, Furby connect and Hatchimals) alongside technological innovations such as using augmented reality and voice control will drive this growth. Shifting generations will also support higher spend on electical items with millennials, who are accustomed to technology, embracing innovation-led toys for their children.
- The mindfulness trend and the desire to maintain some away-from-screen play has driven a shift to non-digital entertainment for grown-ups through arts & crafts and puzzles & board games. Collectibles such as LEGO and action figures are also experiencing strong growth from the adult market, driving spend per head and a slight increase in shopper penetration.
Reasons to buy
- Recognise the impact of online pureplays and the dominance of Amazon and how toy specialists can compete and mitigate against the rise of online.
- Find out which toy brands, licences and characters are the UKs favourite by utilising our consumer data. Also understand what consumers are planning to buy this Christmas and what they prefer when shopping for toys & games.
- Understand how the market is shifting in favour of electrical toys as the generations having children moves on and electrical toys become more advanced. Use this to plan stock and supplies for the future years and know which toys & games categories will be most affected as electrical toys grow.
- Understand how the box office will impact the toys & games market over the next five years and what retailers should leverage when films are less successful than expected and fail to win sales.
- Use our best in class and worst in class instore and online retailers to understand the dos and donts of toys & games retailing as well as taking inspiration from what competitors are doing in the market.
- Use our market share forecasts to 2022 to identify the winners and losers in the toys & games market, and understand what steps those losing share should take to protect their ground.
Table of Contents
The hot issues
What people buy
Where people shop
How people shop
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.