The impact of COVID-19 on Booking Holdings-Coronavirus (COVID-19) Case Study
- May 2020
- 21 pages
Recent months have been unprecedented in the tourism sector. Travel restrictions, flight suspensions, falling consumer confidence and a slew of negative press are just some of the issues booking platforms are having to contend with. As one of the world's leading online travel agents, Booking Holdings has been severely impacted.
- The various travel restrictions and lockdowns implemented across the world since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic have had an impact on all travel intermediaries.
- First of the industry to announce its quarterly results, Booking Holdings suffered from a 43% YOY decrease in the number of properties booked in Q1, leading to a significant loss in revenues, with projections for Q2 2020 looking gloomy.
- The pandemic has also had a serious impact on hotels, which are at the core of the OTAs offering. The lack of guests could lead to a large number of closures, which might force travel intermediaries, and more particularly Booking Holdings, to rethink their relationships with hotels.
- This case study looks at how the COVID-19 pandemic is impacting Booking Holdings and assesses the company's response.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain an overview of the current global COVID-19 situation
- Understand the impact that COVID-19 is having on the airline industry
- Assess the impact on Booking Holdings
- Understand what the future may hold for the company
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.