Taiwan Wealth Management: Market Sizing and Opportunities to 2022
Taiwans affluent population (comprising high-net-worth [HNW] and mass affluent individuals) accounted for just over a quarter of the countrys total adult population in 2018. However, the segment held 80.7% of the countrys total onshore liquid assets, with mass affluents alone holding more than half. HNW individuals in Taiwan hold the majority of their wealth in traditional liquid assets such as equities, mutual funds, and bonds - a trend that is anticipated to continue through to 2022.
This report analyzes Taiwans wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. This includes the overall affluent market size (both by the number of individuals and the value of their liquid assets) as well as a breakdown of liquid vs. illiquid HNW holdings. The report also provides analysis of the factors driving liquid asset growth, including a breakdown and forecast of all retail savings and investments split by asset classes including deposits, mutual funds, equities, and bonds.
- Taiwans retail savings and investments market reached a value of almost $1.5tn in 2018, recording a compound annual growth rate of 3.7% in the four years leading up to this.
- Deposits maintained their dominance in Taiwans retail investment portfolio, reaching a value of $1.1tn in 2018.
- 43.8% of Taiwanese HNW investors wealth is held outside of the country, with local economic instability and currency volatility being the main reasons to invest offshore.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic decisions using top-level historic and forecast data on Taiwans wealth industry.
- Identify the most promising client segment by analyzing the penetration of affluent individuals.
- Receive detailed insights on retail liquid asset holdings in Taiwan, including deposits, mutual funds, equities, and bonds.
- Understand the changing market and competitive dynamics by learning about new competitors and recent deals in the wealth space.
Table of Contents
Taiwans Wealth Market
Resident Retail Savings and Investments
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.