Switzerland - Transport and Logistics: Increasing trade volume to drive growth (Strategy, Performance and Risk Analysis)
- April 2018
- Transport & Logistics
- 72 pages
Switzerland boasts an efficient rail network and a widespread, road system covering the entire length and breadth of the country. The country is located on a planned crossroads connecting France, Germany, and Italy. In 2017, the country had 5,210.6km of rail lines, 118,918.0km of roads and 545.2km of pipeline. As its landlocked, Switzerland has a contemporary marine network to carry out cargo services, with connections to the North Sea via the Rhine. The port of Basel is an important terminal for goods handling and well connected to rail, road, and water routes. The government has created a sectoral aviation infrastructure plan (SAIP) as part of which it has laid out a blueprint for the investment, planning and construction of new airports.
MarketLines Premium industry reports provide a comprehensive overview of the market and include sections on: risk and reward, key industry trends and drivers, SWOT analysis, competitive landscape, innovation, deals, key developments, and industry benchmarking to compare key performance indicators with regional and global markets.
Increasing number of passengers to support fleet size growth
Switzerlands active fleet size recorded a CAGR of 12.4%, from 77 aircraft in 2012 to 138 in 2017, and is anticipated to post a CAGR of 7.7%, from 151 units in 2018 to 203 in 2022. The increase is primarily due to a rise in the volume of passengers and the fleet expansion initiatives being undertaken by airline operators in order to operate flights on new routes. Swiss International Air Lines and its subsidiary, EasyJet Switzerland, Skywork are procuring aircraft in order to start new services and increase the frequency of flights on established routes.
Ocean vessel fleet size to increase owing to trade growth
Switzerlands fleet size recorded a CAGR of 6.3%, from 39 vessels in 2012 to 53 in 2017, and is anticipated to post a CAGR of 6.9%, from 56 units in 2018 to 73 in 2022 as trade increases and the volume of bulk carriers and general cargo must be upped to meet demand.
An increase in the number of commercial and passenger vehicles is anticipated to fuel road vehicle fleet size growth
The size of Switzerlands road fleet recorded a CAGR of 1.7%, from 4.7 million vehicles in 2012 to 5.1 million in 2017, and is anticipated to post a CAGR of 1.7%, from 5.2 million vehicles in 2018 to 5.6 million in 2022. This is primarily due to an increase in the use of commercial and passenger vehicles; the volume of commercial vehicles recorded a CAGR of 2.6%, while passenger cars recorded a CAGR of 1.6% during 2012-2017.
- Risk & Reward Index: The Risk & Reward index compares the position of Switzerland's transport and logistics industry with other countries in the region in terms of specific risk and reward parameters.
- Industry Snapshot and Industry View: Key transport and logistics industry statistics include freight traffic, freight volume, fleet size, passengers, import and export gross value added, FDI and trends driving market performance.
- Industry SWOT Analysis: Discover the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats impacting market performance and investment in Switzerland's transport and logistics market.
- Industry Benchmarking: Benchmark how Switzerland's transport and logistics market is performing compared to regional and global markets in terms of GVA, fleet size and freight traffic by mode.
- Competitive Landscape: Overview of industry players compared with their peers across a set of indicators.
Reasons to buy
- How is the market performing in terms of indicators such as freight traffic, freight volume, fleet size, passengers, import and export, gross value added and FDI?
- How risky is it to invest in the Swiss transport and logistics industry compared to other countries in Europe?
- What is driving the performance of key industry segments such as land, air, water and rail?
- Who are the leading players in the Swiss transport and logistics industry and what is their presence in the respective segments?
- What trends are being witnessed within the Swiss transport and logistics industry?
- What are the Swiss transport and logistics industrys strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are the recent developments and innovations in the Swiss transport and logistics industry?
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Transport & Logistics
Transport & LogisticsPoland: cargo ships market
Transport & LogisticsPoland: rail wagons market
Transport & LogisticsPoland: civil airplanes market
Transport & LogisticsGlobal Secure Logistics Market Size, Status and Forecast 2022
AutomotiveAuto Influencers - China - February 2020
AutomotiveAuto Market Beat - Q1 - China - March 2020