Switzerland Cards and PaymentsOpportunities and Risks to 2024
- October 2020
- 54 pages
GlobalDatas 'Switzerland Cards and Payments - Opportunities and Risks to 2024' report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Swiss cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash, cards, credit transfers, direct debits, and cheques during the review-period (2016-20e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2020e-24f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Swiss cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Swiss cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, direct debits, cheques, cash, and cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Swiss cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Due to coronavirus, the government is taking additional steps to promote electronic payments. In June 2020 it introduced the QR-bill payment system to replace traditional invoice payment slips. The Swiss QR Code integrated in the bills contains all the necessary payment information, allowing recipients to simply scan the QR code to make payments via mobile banking apps or internet banking.
- The majority of payment cards in the country feature contactless functionality. According to data published by the Swiss National Bank, over 90% of credit cards and over 80% of debit cards were contactless-enabled as of June 2020. Amid COVID-19, the contactless payment limit was temporarily increased from CHF40 ($41.33) to CHF80 ($82.66) effective from April 8, 2020.
- Uptake of alternative payments among Swiss consumers is growing due to the availability of solutions such as Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, and PayPal. In April 2019, Google Pay was launched in Switzerland in collaboration with Cornrcard, BonusCard, Swiss Bankers, Revolut, and boon. Meanwhile, Switzerland-based fintech Yapeal launched a mobile wallet in July 2020 in partnership with card-issuing platform Marqeta.
- The wallet combines a mobile payment platform and banking services in one app. Through the wallet, users can receive an instant digital Visa debit card that can be connected to mobile payment apps such as Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and Apple Pay.
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Swiss cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Swiss cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Swiss cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Switzerland.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Swiss cards and payments industry.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Banking
Financial ServicesConsumers And The Economic Outlook - US - January 2020