Swine Influenza Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2017 - 2025
- Transparency Market Research
Swine influenza, also known as swine flu, is a highly contagious respiratory disease caused by Type-A influenza viruses that infect the respiratory tracts of pigs. Swine influenza viruses are mostly found in pigs. However, occasionally, they have also been found to be spread among humans who have direct contact with infected pigs. The swine influenza disease spreads in humans usually through two routes: pig-to-human transmission and human-to-human transmission. Pig-to-human transmission occurs mostly in farms where humans are in direct contact with infected pigs, and hence, these people usually take precaution of using face masks. Human-to-human transmission occurs when humans carrying influenza virus cough or sneeze, and spread the virus. It is then inhaled by other humans. Fever, body ache, headache, runny nose, fatigue, and vomiting are a few symptoms of the swine influenza disease. Based on viral surface antigens, Type-A influenza viruses are classified as: hemagglutinin (H) and neuraminidase (N). There exist four types of Type-A influenza viruses and they are as follows:
The respiratory infection in humans is caused by H1N1 influenza virus. For instance, in 1988, swine flu infection in Wisconsin resulted in multiple cases of swine flu in humans.
Based on antiviral drug therapeutics, the swine influenza market can be segmented into three major segments:
- Tamiflu: Also referred to as oseltamivir phosphate, Tamilflu is available in the form of capsules. These are used to prevent or lessen the spread of Type-A influenza virus.
- Relenza: Also known as Zanamivir, Relenza is used to treat Type-A and Type-B influenza virus infection by blocking the action of neuraminidase. It is an enzyme produced by the influenza virus, which spreads from already infected cells to healthy cells.
- Peramivir: This drug has been developed by BioCryst Pharmaceuticals for the treatment of influenza virus. In 2009 pandemic of H1N1 influenza, Peramivir was authorized for emergency use in the treatment of infected patients. This drug has been approved in Japan and South Korea.
In terms of geography, the global swine influenza market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominates the global swine influenza market, followed by China. Major driving factors for the swine influenza market in these regions are high prevalence of infection and development of several novel drugs that have helped in the treatment of swine influenza. Both developed and developing countries are vulnerable to the threat caused by swine influenza in humans. Asia Pacific is one of the most lucrative markets for swine influenza, owing to presence of developing economies in the region. Key factors likely to augment the swine influenza market in Asia Pacific in the next few years are weak immune systems of people in the region and increasing rate of past history infections. For instance, the 2009 swine flu pandemic affected around 394,133 people in Asia with 2,137 confirmed deaths. Moreover, easy market penetration and increasing government aid are estimated to fuel the swine influenza market in the region in the near future.
Some of the key players operating in the global swine influenza market are GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis, AstraZeneca PLC, Vical Incorporated, Baxter International, Inc., Celltrion, Inc., Lipoxen PLC, Novavax, Inc., and Medicago, Inc.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Pharmaceutical
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Mental Illness Drugs
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Anti-Dermatomycosis Skin Drugs
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Incretion Drugs
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Hypertension Drugs
Pharmaceuticals and HealthcareGlobal Bionic Ears Market Professional Survey Report 2017
Pharmaceuticals and HealthcareNeuropsychiatric Disorder Cluster Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2017
Pharmaceuticals and HealthcareHepatitis Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2017