Sweden - Transport and Logistics: Increasing trade to drive growth (Strategy, Performance and Risk Analysis)
Sweden is well positioned in terms of technological readiness, business sophistication and innovation. The countrys GDP stood at US$533.6bn in 2017 and is anticipated to post a CAGR of 5.1% over 2018-2022, rising from US$588.5bn in 2018 to US$716.7bn in 2022. An increase in investments and exports will stimulate economic growth. According to the Global Competitiveness Index 2017-2018, Sweden was ranked 10th out of 137 countries with regard to financial market development. The country performs well in terms of loan accessibility, affordability of financial services and the soundness of its banking system. Such a strong financial position has supported expenditure on transport infrastructure.
MarketLines Premium industry reports provide a comprehensive overview of the market and include sections on: risk and reward, key industry trends and drivers, SWOT analysis, competitive landscape, innovation, deals, key developments, and industry benchmarking to compare key performance indicators with regional and global markets.
Infrastructure development and growth in trade to drive GVA
Global transport and logistics GVA recorded a CAGR of 2.6%, from US$3.2tn in 2012 to US$3.7tn in 2017 and is anticipated to post a CAGR of 5.7%, from US$3.9tn in 2018 to US$4.8tn in 2022. Strong productivity growth in China, India and Japan is anticipated to drive the GVA.
High demand will drive fleet growth
Globally, the active fleet size of aircraft recorded a CAGR of 13.6%, from 12,869 aircraft in 2012 to 24,292 in 2017. It is forecast to post a CAGR of 7.9%, from 26,564 units in 2017 to 36,105 in 2022. A major reason will be the emergence of new full-service and low-cost carriers.
Decline in general cargo and oil tankers
Globally, the water fleet size recorded a CAGR of 2.2%, rising from 52,551 in 2012 to 58,619 in 2017 and is anticipated to post a CAGR of 3.1%, from 60,310 in 2018 to 68,153 in 2022. A key rason will be an increase in trade volumes and the transportation of bulk cargo between the US, Japan, India and China.
- Risk & Reward Index: The Risk & Reward index compares the position of the Swedish transport and logistics industry with other countries in the region in terms of specific risk and reward parameters.
- Industry Snapshot and Industry View: Key transport and logistics industry statistics include freight traffic, freight volume, fleet size, passengers, import and export gross value added, FDI and trends driving market performance.
- Industry SWOT Analysis: Discover the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats impacting market performance and investment in the Swedish transport and logistics market.
- Industry Benchmarking: Benchmark how the Swedish transport and logistics market is performing compared to regional and global markets in terms of GVA, fleet size and freigth traffic by mode.
- Competitive Landscape: Overview of industry players compared with their peers across a set of indicators.
Reasons to buy
- How is the market performing in terms of indicators such as freight traffic, freight volume, fleet size, passengers, import and export, gross value added and FDI?
- How risky is it to invest in the Swedish transport and logistics industry compared to other countries in Western Europe?
- What is driving the performance of key industry segments such as land, air, water and rail?
- Who are the leading players in the Swedish transport and logistics industry and their presence in respective segment?
- What trends are being witnessed within the Swedish transport and logistics industry?
- What are the Swedish transport and logistics industrys Strengths and Weaknesses and what Opportunities and Threats does it face?
- What are the recent developments and innovations in the Swedish transport and logistics industry?
Table of Contents
Risk and Reward Index 4
Industry Snapshot 8
Industry View 15
Industry SWOT Analysis 19
Industry Benchmarking 25
Industry Performance 34
Competitive Landscape 42
Key Developments 53
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.