Sustainability in Mining-Thematic Research
- September 2020
- 29 pages
GlobalData's Sustainability in Mining - Thematic Research provides a comprehensive sustainability framework, covering environment, social and governance (ESG) factors, which can be used as a management tool to help CEOs identify all potential sustainability risks and implement mitigating actions that can improve their companys ESG performance. It also provides greenhouse gas emission and carbon neutrality targets for leading miners.
Sustainability in mining covers a wide range of activities from community engagement and development prior to a mines construction, through to rehabilitation, with mining required to be both environmentally sound as well as socially responsible.
Key elements of sustainable mining are the management and reduction of energy use and associated emissions and, in this regard, miners are working to reduce their scope 1 and 2 emissions in particular, with a long-term shift to being carbon neutral. This is taking several forms, but includes sourcing a greater share of energy from renewable sources, with rising use of solar power, as well as minimizing carbon emissions, such as through a shift to battery-powered vehicles.
- This report provides an overview of sustainability in mining, the most important theme for 2020.
- This report includes a comprehensive sustainability framework, covering environment, social and governance (ESG) factors, which can be used as a management tool to help CEOs identify all potential sustainability risks and implement mitigating actions that can improve their companys ESG performance.
- It highlights some of the leading ESG rating agencies and ESG advisors that can help CEOs measure and improve their ESG performance.
- The report also provides greenhouse gas emission and carbon neutrality targets for leading miners
- Additionally, we also highlight how some of the worlds largest companies across mining and construction industries are rated on ESG performance by four leading ESG rating agencies.
Reasons to Buy
- To understand impacts on sustainability issues and identify potential risks and opportunities
- To identify business' future operating environment and improve operating efficiency
- To identify and understand sustainability standards, metrics, and mitigation strategies
- To identify the impact of ESG issues on businesses and determine actions to mitigate this
- Track some of the worlds largest mining companies rated on ESG performance
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Metals
Chemicals and MaterialsSilanes Market - Global Industry Analysis and Opportunity Assessment, 2020-2030