Strategic Partnerships - Thematic Research
Partnership has become a catch-all term for a variety of strategic collaborations, which could be as light as a referral agreement with an emerging SME lender, to white-labeling the underlying credit risk engine, to the co-development of the overall platform. None of this is necessarily new - banks have always relied on strategic partners. But the scale and pace of technology change, and the diversity of sources from which it can now emanate, make it more difficult (and potentially more transformative) than ever.
This report analyzes the strategic collaborations between various stakeholders in the financial services industry across business segments such as core banking, payments, lending, credit cards, and mobile wallets. The report discusses in detail the key technology, economic, regulatory, and consumer trends. Within technology, the report discusses the latest developments and partnerships for the likes of software as a service, the cloud, tech due diligence, and blockchain. The report also provides industry analysis and value chain insights on types of partnership at the macro level. In addition, it covers the key examples of partnerships across different provider types and product categories.
- New digital banks such as Starling and N26 put technological capabilities at the heart of what they do to deliver banking as a marketplace revenue models.
- New entrants are partnering with banks through banking as a service to expedite time to market.
- Tech firms are encroaching deeper into financial services to maintain a return on equity.
- Fintech partnerships are seen as the most stable and secure way to incorporate external innovation into customers day-to-day banking experiences.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic decisions and understand the tech dependencies regarding effective partnerships.
- Identify regulatory and economic trends driving cross-industry partnerships.
- Receive detailed insights into different partnership types.
- Understand the changing market by learning about leading partnerships and recent deals in the strategic partnership space.
- Consider the different types of ecosystem.
Table of Contents
Partnering with non-banking ecosystems
Partnering within banking ecosystems
Intra-industry value chain partnerships
Infrastructure and channels
Banking infrastructure/channel partnerships
Bank-telco/travel company partnership
Bank-tech company partnerships
Appendix: Our thematic research methodology
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.