Squeezable Films Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2018 - 2028
- Transparency Market Research
Squeezable films market– A historical analysis
The way in which consumers perceive and interact with packaged products is a constantly evolving process, and has long influenced the packaging industry. Convenience and sustainability are two of the key focus areas for the development of new packaging products. This has led to the rise of flexible packaging format, and gradual replacement of conventional rigid packaging solutions with their flexible alternatives. The transition towards flexible packaging has led to the development of several innovating packaging formats, including squeezable variants. Squeezable packaging solutions have been adopted for food products such as cream cheese. However, the key challenge posed by squeezable packaging is to use efficient squeezable films, which possesses high flexibility and conformability. The requirement for flexible films which could cover round shapes with thin walls led to the introduction of squeezable films. Over time, squeezable films with high printability were manufactured, which could be used for a wide range of squeezable packaging formats, with tubes being the most prominent one. Furthermore, due to high printability, squeezable films are used for enhancing brand image. Therefore, they function both as a means for the brand to interact with its customers by printing important product related information, and as an enhancement to the product’s consumer-appeal. Squeezable films have been adopted as labels for flexible packaging products ranging from shampoo bottles to cans. The demand for squeezable films is expected to rise as flexible takes over rigid. Also, since squeezable films are improved upon conventional labels, they can also be used for the labelling rigid packaging formats. This provides them a significant edge over their conventional counterparts.
Global squeezable films market: Segmentation
The global squeezable films market has been segmented as follows –
On the basis of product type, the global squeezable films market has been segmented as –
On the basis of material, the global squeezable films market has been segmented as –
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polypropylene (PP)
*The pricing for squeezable films market has been captured on the basis of material.
On the basis of application, the global squeezable films market has been segmented as –
On the basis of end use, the global squeezable films market has been segmented as –
- Food & Beverage
- Home & Personal Care
- Oral Care
Squeezable films find a wide range of usage in the food & beverage industry, especially in stand up pouches and squeeze tubes. Maximum contribution to the growth of the global squeezable films market is made by the home & personal care end use. Since oral care accounts for a significant market share, it has been considered as a separate segment instead of under home & personal care. Overall, home & personal care, combined with oral care segment account for nearly 50% of the global squeezable films market, by end use. Squeezable films are also used in pharmaceutical tubes and flexible packaging formats. The others segment considers other flexible packaging types which might use squeezable films.
Global squeezable films market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global squeezable films market are – UPM Raflatac, Innovia Films, TLC Label Company, Jindal Poly Films Ltd., Cosmo Films Limited, Avery Dennison Corporation, Toray Plastics (America), Inc., and Sihl AG, among others.
Some of the companies which provide the raw materials for the production of squeezable films are - Exxon Mobil Corporation, E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Plantic Technologies Ltd., and Huntsman International LLC., among others.
The global squeezable films market has evolved on the backdrop of new product innovations, and is expected to continue to grow in the same way, during the forecast period.
Key Product Launches: Squeezable Films Market
- In February 2018, Innovia Films introduced two new squeezable BOPP films – which were of a downgauged grade – to its portfolio of products. The two films are cost effective – since they are thinner, the printer gets more square meters per reel, thereby reducing the number of reels required by up to 60 per cent. Therefore, the number of pallets and storage space required is essentially reduced by half. Therefore, the squeezable films require less packaging and reel handling costs. The new squeezable labels also weigh less than conventional alternatives, which translates to reduced carbon footprint during transport and logistics.
- In February 2018, UPM Raflatac launched a new white plant-based squeezable PE film for squeezable bottles. The films are ideal for bottles and contoured containers, used for home and personal care products. The new PE film comprises more than 80% renewable plant-based raw material, and can be recycled as fossil-based PE. The objective was to cater to the growing demand for labeling solutions for wall-to-wall squeezable packaging formats, emphasizing on the ability to withstand repeated squeezes.
- In October 2017, Sihl AG introduced a new squeezable film, which is a white polyolefin film, with a top coating for aqueous inkjet printing. It is mostly used for labeling of PE containers and bottles.
Future Prospects: Squeezable Films Market
Increasing preference for flexible packaging solutions is expected to lead to greater demand for packaging formats such as squeeze tubes. How one manufacturer differentiates his products from his counterparts depends on the convenience factor. For high consumer acceptance, the design has to be easy to handle, and the overall package should possess high consumer appeal. Therefore, consumer engagement strategies of brands will play a key role in deciding who comes out on top. Flexible labels and films which can withstand the stresses due to repeated squeezing will have more preference from brands. Therefore, the outlook for the growth of the global squeezable films market is expected to remain positive, during the forecast period.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Packaging
PackagingChinese Markets for Industrial Packaging