Spain - Transport and Logistics: Transformation of Logistics Platform (Strategy, Performance and Risk Analysis)
Spain is positioned in an important geo-strategic location, with a comprehensive network of infrastructure connecting different modes of transport, and an industrial and commercial network promoting logistics activity. The countrys terrain covers most of the Iberian Peninsula, which it shares with Portugal. It also includes the Balearic Islands in the Mediterranean Sea, the Canary Islands in the Atlantic Ocean, the North African cities of Ceuta and Melilla and several small islands. Spain borders France and Portugal, and has extensive connectivity and cross border trade with these countries particularly through road. In terms of maritime communications, Barcelona acts as a gateway to the EU for northern African countries such as Tunisia, Algeria, and Morocco which increases trade. The country offers a plethora of logistics services used by companies, importers and exporters, and international operators.
MarketLines Premium industry reports provide a comprehensive overview of the market and include sections on: risk and reward, key industry trends and drivers, SWOT analysis, competitive landscape, innovation, deals, key developments, and industry benchmarking to compare key performance indicators with regional and global markets.
Increase in passenger traffic to drive GVA growth
Spains total rail transport GVA recorded a CAGR of 0.1%, rising from US$4,851.2m in 2012 to US$4,873.8m in 2017. It is anticipated to post a CAGR of 3.1%, from US$5,218.7m in 2018 to US$5,902.2m in 2022. An increase in passenger numbers will be the main growth driver. Total rail passengers recorded a CAGR of 6.7%, from 7.8 million in 2012 to 10.9 million in 2017 and are expected to post a CAGR of 2.9%, from 11.2 million in 2018 to 12.6 million in 2022.
Upgrades of major ports to drive water transport GVA growth
Water transport GVA registered a CAGR of -0.2%, falling from US$1.01bn in 2012 to US$1.00bn in 2017. However, it is anticipated to post a CAGR of 0.5%, from US$1.05bn in 2018 to US$1.07bn in 2022 due to the maintenance and upgrade of ports in order to prepare for future demands including the increasing inflow and outflow of goods due to trade demands.
New routes and increased frequency to drive freight traffic growth
Spains air freight traffic registered a CAGR of -1.4%, falling from 1.1 billion ton km in 2012 to 1.05 billion ton km in 2017. It is anticipated to post a CAGR of 1.3%, from 1.0 billion ton km in 2018 to reach 1.1 billion ton km in 2022. The increase will be due to an increase in intercontinental air routes and flight frequency from Barcelona airport, leading to increases in carriage capacity.
- Risk & Reward Index: The Risk & Reward index compares the position of Spain's transport and logistics industry with other countries in the region in terms of specific risk and reward parameters.
- Industry Snapshot and Industry View: Key transport and logistics industry statistics include freight traffic, freight volume, fleet size, passengers, import and export gross value added, FDI and trends driving market performance.
- Industry SWOT Analysis: Discover the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats impacting market performance and investment in Spain's transport and logistics market.
- Industry Benchmarking: Benchmark how Spain's transport and logistics market is performing compared to regional and global markets in terms of GVA, fleet size and freigth traffic by mode.
- Competitive Landscape: Overview of industry players compared with their peers across a set of indicators.
Reasons to buy
- How is the market performing in terms of indicators such as freight traffic, freight volume, fleet size, passengers, import and export, gross value added and FDI?
- How risky is it to invest in the Spain transport and logistics industry compared to other countries in Western Europe?
- What is driving the performance of key industry segments such as land, air, water and rail?
- Who are the leading players in the Spain transport and logistics industry and their presence in respective segment?
- What trends are being witnessed within the Spain transport and logistics industry?
- What are the Spain transport and logistics industrys Strengths and Weaknesses and what Opportunities and Threats does it face?
- What are the recent developments and innovations in the Spain transport and logistics industry?
Table of Contents
Risk and Reward Index 4
Industry Snapshot 8
Industry View 15
Industry SWOT Analysis 19
Industry Benchmarking 25
Industry Performance 35
Competitive Landscape 44
Key Developments 55
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.