Smoking Tobacco in the UK is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which UK Smoking Tobacco market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
Legitimate UK-duty paid sales of smoking tobacco increased to 6,496 tonnes in 2013, if both hand rolling and pipe tobacco are included.
However, there were a further 5,828 tonnes of non-UK duty paid smoking tobacco consumed in addition to this, lifting overall consumption to around 12,324 tonnes.
The smoking tobacco sector has grown its share from 5.7% to 15.2% between 1990 and 2013.
- Smoking Tobacco in the UK report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Smoking Tobacco industry in UK.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Smoking Tobacco across UK.The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Smoking Tobacco industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Smoking Tobacco industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Smoking Tobacco industry and for new companies considering entry into Smoking Tobacco industry.
- This report provides detailed dataof the manufacturers operating in the Smoking Tobacco industryin UK.
- This report also provides market size of the Smoking Tobacco industry in UK along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
- Smoking Tobacco companies require a detailed understanding of Smoking Tobacco consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Smoking Tobacco industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Smoking Tobacco industry across UK, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
Market Size & Structure
The Market in Context
Tobacco Products Market, 1990 & 1999-2013
Market Size & Trends
Consumption of Smoking Tobacco, 1990-2013
HRT: Market Segmentation, 1990-2013
HRT: Revenue Loss From Grey Market Sales, 2004-2011
Total & Per Capita Consumption of HRT, 1990 & 2000-2013
Cigarette Consumption: Manufactured vs HRT, 1990 & 2000-2013
HRT: Volume Sales by Region, 2009
HRT Sales by Tobacco Type, 2006-2009
HRT Sales by Pack Size, 2003-2011
Make-Your-Own, Volume & Value Sales, 2003-2009
Number of Outlets Selling Tobacco Products, 2008
HRT: Sales by Outlet, 2008-2009
HRT Sales by Price Sector & Channel, 2008-2009
Manufacturers & Brands
HRT: Manufacturer Shares, Volume, 2001-2012
HRT: Manufacturer Shares, Value, 2004-2010
HRT: Brand Shares, Volume, 2001-2012
HRT: Brand Shares, Value, 2011 & 2012
Taxation & Retail Prices
EU: Fine Cut Tobacco, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2010-2013
EU: Fine Cut Tobacco, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2013
HRT: Retail Prices, 2013
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2012
Cigarette Smoking by Age & Gender, 1980-2010
Prevalence of Cigarette Smoking in Great Britain by Region, 1980-2010
Heavy vs Light Smokers by Gender, 1980-2010
Average Daily Cigarette Consumption Per Smoker by Gender & Age, 1990-2010
Prevalence of Cigarette Smoking by Occupation, 2001-2010
Prevalence of Under-16 Cigarette Smoking in England, 1982-2011
Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
Public Smoking Ban
Imperial Tobacco Group Plc
Gallaher Group Plc (JTI)
BAT (UK) Ltd
Production & Trade
Production of Fine Cut Tobacco, 1990-2012
Imports of Smoking Tobacco, 1990-2012
Imports of Smoking Tobacco by Country of Origin (Volume), 2000-2012
Imports of Smoking Tobacco by Country of Origin (Value), 2000-2012
Imports of Smoking Tobacco in 500g Packs or Less, Volume, 2007-2012
Imports of Smoking Tobacco in 500g Packs or Less, Value, 2007-2012
Exports of Smoking Tobacco, 1990-2012
Exports of Smoking Tobacco by Country of Destination (Volume), 2000-2012
Exports of Smoking Tobacco by Country of Destination (Value), 2000-2012
Exports of Smoking Tobacco in 500g Packs or Less, Volume, 2007-2012
Exports of Smoking Tobacco in 500g Packs or Less, Value, 2007-2012
Prospects & Forecasts
Market Forecasts, 2012-2022
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.