Smoking Tobacco in Netherlands is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Netherlands Smoking Tobacco market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
The Dutch smoking tobacco market is one of the largest in Europe, with consumption totalling 8,247 tonnes in 2013, despite a decline in volumes since 2002.
The use of shag or cigarette tobacco for hand-rolling has been a long established tradition in the Netherlands and smoking tobacco accounted for 41% of total tonnage of tobacco products consumed in 2013.
Fine cut tobacco volumes are predicted to fall by 15.5% between 2013 and 2023 to 6,960 tonnes, which is equivalent to cigarette sales of 8.7 billion pieces.
- Smoking Tobacco in Netherlands report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Smoking Tobacco industry in Netherlands.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Smoking Tobacco across Netherlands.The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Smoking Tobacco industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Smoking Tobacco industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Smoking Tobacco industry and for new companies considering entry into Smoking Tobacco industry.
- This report provides detailed dataof the manufacturers operating in the Smoking Tobacco industryin Netherlands.
- This report also provides market size of the Smoking Tobacco industry in Netherlands along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
- Smoking Tobacco companies require a detailed understanding of Smoking Tobacco consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Smoking Tobacco industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Smoking Tobacco industry across Netherlands, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
Market Size & Structure
The Market in Context
Tobacco Products Market, 1990 & 1997-2013
Market Size & Trends
Consumption of Smoking Tobacco, 1990-2013
Smoking Tobacco: Market Segmentation, 1990-2013
Total & Per Capita Consumption of HRT, 1990 & 1997-2013
Cigarette Consumption: Manufactured v HRT, 1990 & 1997-2013
MYO v RYO, 2008-2012
RYO: Retail Sales by Price Segment, 2008-2012
HRT Sales by Type, 2000-2010
Expenditure on Smoking Tobacco, 1996-2010
Cigarette Tobacco: Sales by Type of Outlet, 2001-2010
Manufacturers & Brands
Fine Cut Tobacco: Manufacturer Shares, 2000-2012
Fine Cut Tobacco: Brand Family Shares, 2000-2012
Fine Cut Tobacco (RYO/Pouches): Brand Variant Shares, 2000-2012
RYO: Brand Shares by Type, 2008-2010
MYO: Manufacturer Shares, 2008-2012
MYO: Brand Family Shares, 2008-2012
Pipe Tobacco: Manufacturer Shares, 2009
Pipe Tobacco: Brand Shares, 2009
Taxation & Retail Prices
Smoking Tobacco: Tax Incidence, 2002-2013
Breakdown of Price of 42.5g Cigarette Tobacco, 2011
EU: Fine Cut Tobacco, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2013
EU: Fine Cut Tobacco, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2010-2013
HRT: Retail Prices, 2012-2013
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2012
Smoking Prevalence by Age & Gender, 2001-2009
Smoking Prevalence by Age, 2011
Prevalence of Smoking by Type of Product, 2007 & 2008
Smoking Prevalence by Socio-Economic Background, 2001-2009
Youth Smoking (12-20), 2011
Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
Imperial Tobacco Nederland
British American Tobacco - Netherlands BV/BAT Niemeyer BV
Heupink & Bloemen Tabak BV
Biggelaar Tabak (HvL)
Production & Trade
Production of Fine Cut Tobacco, 1990-2011
Imports of Smoking Tobacco, 1990-2012
Imports of Smoking Tobacco by Country of Origin (Volume), 2000-2012
Imports of Smoking Tobacco by Country of Origin (Value), 2000-2012
Imports of Smoking Tobacco in Packs of 500g or Less, Volume, 2006-2012
Imports of Smoking Tobacco in Packs of 500g or Less, Value, 2006-2012
Exports of Smoking Tobacco, 1990-2012
Exports of Smoking Tobacco by Country of Destination (Volume), 2000-2012
Exports of Smoking Tobacco by Country of Destination (Value), 2000-2012
Exports of Smoking Tobacco in Packs of 500g or Less, Volume, 2007-2012
Exports of Smoking Tobacco in Packs of 500g or Less, Value, 2007-2012
Prospects & Forecasts
Market Forecasts, 2012-2022
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.